• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gunmen Open Fire on Public Bus in Philadelphia

Phxbluesman

Would you have taken the shot???

If I had that view I might have reacted...easy to say from the comfort of my chair though.

clean shot.jpg

Phxbluesman

Hmm, that I don't know, maybe someone from philly knows...I don't use public transit much but when I have I OCed with no hassles.

PantherWoods

Some people are just plain stupid... All that wasnt necessary at all, over something so stupid you have to put innocent people in danger cause you have beef with one person. This is another good reason why i'd never move to philly.

As far as OCing I have a few friends from philly i'll have to ask them doesnt seem like the kind of place you would be able to.

Ruby

Here in Washington state it is legal to CC or OC on all local public transportation, including buses, commuter trains, and the ferry system. Amtrak and airplanes excluded of course.

1245A Defender

well,,, Hi ruby!

Here in Washington state it is legal to CC or OC on all local public transportation, including buses, commuter trains, and the ferry system. Amtrak and airplanes excluded of course.

dont forget your CPL!!,,, you got to have one of those to CC anywhere, even Unloaded, except your home or business.
you also need your CPL to carry "loaded", whether CC or OC, on ALL motor vehicles,
except you can OC loaded without a CPL when you "walk" on a ferry, which is just part of the highway.

"and the soul is just a car"; jim steinman/meat loaf..

,and light rail systems may also be exempt.

Last edited:

ComradeV

Campaign Veteran
The only lawful prohibitions on carrying with a LTCF in PA law seem to be courthouses and K-12 grade schools. ( the schools law has a defence against that is very open ended).

And federal buildings.

carsontech

Activist Member
Moral of the story... keep your nose out of other people's business, especially if it's disciplining their children, or men with AK-47s will come after you.

The person was wrong to butt into the woman's disciplining, but the woman was REALLY in the wrong for calling here family to come shoot up the bus.

Only in Philly!

Last edited:

PantherWoods

Am I the only one who thinks its kinda funny how she can call someone to come shoot up a bus but cant call them to give her a ride so she wont have to use the bus, just saying

okboomer

And this demonstration of STUPIDITY by the woman and her cohorts is why I believe there should be some "one time" competency test for any type of carrying ... one in which you demonstrate you understand the laws governing carry, use of deadly force, and sureness of aim. This STUPIDITY gives the anti's ammunition to use against the law abiding citizens who want to exercise their 2A Rights.

Speaking of law abiding, has anyone heard whether any of those screwballs had prior criminal records?

aadvark

To ALL Whom are Concerned:

Open Carry on a Public Bus is Legal in Philadelphia with a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms, or a License from another State in which Philadelphia has in Reciprocity. Relevant Statutes are as follows: 18 Pa.C.S. 6106 AND 18 Pa.C.S. 6108.

Open Carry is Preempted under 18 Pa.C.S. 6120.

Odds are though..., at least in Philadelphia, that Those Men were Men Enumerated under 18 Pa.C.S. 6105.

aadvark

*** Is it ANY Surprise that The New York News Channel NEVER Bothered to Tell New York Viewers that Firearms ARE ALLOWED on The VAST MAJORITY of Public Bus Systems throughout America? Furthermore, that it is LEGAL in Pennsylvania, as in MANY other States, to have so called 'Assault Rifles'? ***

Last edited:

mrjam2jab

To ALL Whom are Concerned:

Open Carry on a Public Bus is Legal in Philadelphia with a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms, or a License from another State in which Philadelphia has in Reciprocity. Relevant Statutes are as follows: 18 Pa.C.S. 6106 AND 18 Pa.C.S. 6108.

Slight clarification...carry on bus is legal with LTCF or a license from ANY other state...reciprocity not necessary per 6106

(11) Any person while carrying a firearm in any vehicle, which person possesses a valid and lawfully issued license for that firearm which has been issued under the laws of the United States or any other state.

hermannr

OK guys, I'm on dialup so I don't do the video stuff. Now, did these boys outside the buss actually shoot, or did they just display their weapons. Granted, even if it was just a display of force, I think they could have some problems there, but the real question is?

Did they discharge those weapons? or not?

Darkshadow62988

Activist Member
OK guys, I'm on dialup so I don't do the video stuff. Now, did these boys outside the buss actually shoot, or did they just display their weapons. Granted, even if it was just a display of force, I think they could have some problems there, but the real question is?

Did they discharge those weapons? or not?

Yes, they did, however nobody was struck. Because of this, their defense attorneys are trying to argue that no assault occurred. :banghead:

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

Some people are just plain stupid... All that wasnt necessary at all, over something so stupid you have to put innocent people in danger cause you have beef with one person. This is another good reason why i'd never move to philly.

As far as OCing I have a few friends from philly i'll have to ask them doesnt seem like the kind of place you would be able to.

You see it as 'having beef' with a person. The person said they were going to call Child Services and there was a very {criminal) reason that they did not want the attention of Child Services which may find a meth operation or something like that. And they are stupid criminals. If you want to keep away from attention, discharge weapons in public.

okboomer

I have also been waiting for someone to point out that the firearms the shooters were carrying were RIFLES and not pistols ... is it legal to open carry RIFLES in Philly?

I also agree with BrokenSproket ... she overreacted to the threat of CPS being called because there was something illegal/criminal going on at home. Seriously, the cell phone video would have showed CPS that she did not strike the child in an abusive way. Of course, she probably didn't know the video was being taken.

I wonder if she will be charged with inciting a riot or something? IMHO she needs to be!