Thread: Wachovia branches are rebranded as Wells Fargo

Wachovia branches are rebranded as Wells Fargo

Wachovia branches are rebranded as Wells Fargo
    Wachovia conversion to Wells Fargo now complete in Virginia

Last night the temporary Wachovia banners were removed from newly erected Wells Fargo signs throughout the Fredericksburg area. Wachovia customers in Virginia are now Wells Fargo customers, but Fredericksburg district manager Jessica Pierce said it will be a "seamless transition."

No word in the article on a change to their gun policy.

TFred

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    The Wachovia in my area is the one where I frequent. Several years ago, I almost dropped them but since I had just switched from BB&T, I thought I stay the course for a while. Then when talking to one of their people who was obviously a gun person, he mentioned that the small circular "No Guns" symbol on their door had a revolver depicted in it so just carry a semi-auto in with you) his suggestion.

However shortly thereafter, with frequent checking on my part, they began to operate under the policies and procedures of Wells Fargo and were for all intents and purposes a Wells Fargo operation. That's when I began to CC into that bank. I noticed last Tuesday, August 1, all of the "Non-No" little circular signs had been removed from their door (I already had known for a while that the Wells Fargo sign was going up on August 6). Ands yep, this morning when I was close to it I noticed the WF signs out on the building.
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 08-06-2011 at 03:22 PM.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Everything I have seen indicates that Wells Fargo will be RKBA friendly - operate in accordance with local laws.

There may still be some residual "old guard" that will require additional training though.

Time will tell.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I don't know. I read somewhere that WF had a change of policy. I don't deal with them so I'll leave that up to others to figure out.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

The two Wachovia banks I've been in during the past two weeks have both had the "gun buster" signs removed. The only prohibition remaining was a "no smoking within 25' " sign. One was on West Broad street in Richmond and the other one is located in Petersburg. The Wachovia in the town of Amelia courthouse has, as far as I know, never had a "gun buster" sign.
    You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by celticredneck View Post
    The two Wachovia banks I've been in during the past two weeks have both had the "gun buster" signs removed. The only prohibition remaining was a "no smoking within 25' " sign. One was on West Broad street in Richmond and the other one is located in Petersburg. The Wachovia in the town of Amelia courthouse has, as far as I know, never had a "gun buster" sign.
    While they may restrict smoking on their property, I submit that they may NOT do so on the public sidewalks. That opinion is based on Users comments a regarding public right-of-way.

MCV is attempting to do the same thing.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I OC at the one on Greenbrier in Chesapeake and so far no problems.

I was driving around Fredericksburg yesterday looking for updated signage (which by the way, revealed no gun buster signs on any of the branches I visited.)

In doing so, I ran across a now-Wells Fargo branch, literally next to a BB&T branch. Although the BB&T branch didn't have a gun buster sign on their door either, their anti-gun policy is well known.

I can't help but wonder which bank a robber would choose to rob, given this choice of two so close together... Of course the street photo still shows the old Wachovia sign, but it is now Wells Fargo.
    TFred
    Last edited by TFred; 08-08-2011 at 12:25 PM.