Thread: Oc motorcycle ninja high speed ride past mickeymouse

Oc motorcycle ninja high speed ride past mickeymouse

Yesterday morning I watched as a motorcycle rider got on the I-5 freeway in Santa Ana . The "ninja" was wearing all black clothes, all black motorcycle, and wearing a nice black automatic pistol, it was a good bad assed look. The driver was not very stealth because the motorcycle had a very loud exhaust system. I followed him all the way to the LA County line at a nice 80-85 MPH clip. The picture was taken as we approached Disneyland, you can see the green buildings of the property. Never really seen anyone OC in "the O.C." such a long distance on a motorcycle. We *might* have been near many GFSZ along the way, but of course, I am not personally aware of any schools myself.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8-4 031.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	6584  
    Last edited by oc4ever; 08-06-2011 at 06:51 PM.

Is that a pink heart on his motorcycle??? Hard to tell what gun he has, cool sight though.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

I see a handcuff case in addition to the pistol on what looks like a duty belt...
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    I see a handcuff case in addition to the pistol on what looks like a duty belt...
    I see it as well, now that you mention it. Perhaps law enforcement of some kind on the way to work?

The belt was not a leather duty belt, but a cloth/nylon style one.I missed the handcuffs holder if he had one, but was busy driving and keeping up with him. He had no type of official shoulder patches where they would be if a LEO. Is it possible he was a off duty LEO, sure, but I doubt it. Never seen one ride OC, just CC, and I am sure he would be discouraged leaving work looking like he is going on a " ninja mission". You guys seem to be good observers, so I will buy anyone a meal here in O.C.land that can figure out from the picture what car I was driving.

US MP traveling to/from duty/exercises.
    The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who are evil; but because of the people who don't do anything about it. -Albert Einstein
    Liberty that was diminished in increments has never been restored by the same. -Lawful Aim
    One who compromises in steps toward freedom will always be compromising. -Lawful Aim
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by oc4ever View Post
    The belt was not a leather duty belt, but a cloth/nylon style one.I missed the handcuffs holder if he had one, but was busy driving and keeping up with him. He had no type of official shoulder patches where they would be if a LEO. Is it possible he was a off duty LEO, sure, but I doubt it. Never seen one ride OC, just CC, and I am sure he would be discouraged leaving work looking like he is going on a " ninja mission". You guys seem to be good observers, so I will buy anyone a meal here in O.C.land that can figure out from the picture what car I was driving.
    Lotus Elise

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.shop42a.com

SNIP You guys seem to be good observers, so I will buy anyone a meal here in O.C.land that can figure out from the picture what car I was driving.
    A red one?

Yes CONDITION THREE, it is a Lotus Elise, very observant, most drivers would not know that; do you have one? I owe you dinner when you get down this way. PM me to collect.

Yes CONDITION THREE, it is a Lotus Elise, very observant, most drivers would not know that; do you have one? I owe you dinner when you get down this way. PM me to collect.

Educated guess + Google is my friend.

No, I dont own one. I will take you up on dinner, if I am in town.

www.shop42a.com

Security guard would work as well. They can carry directly to and from their work.

PULLNSHOOT, that would be my guess also. The whole all black ninja clothing with no patches looks good, but is hardly the normal security guard outfit. Do they have to be wearing their work clothes(or uniform) to qualify for the exemption?

PULLNSHOOT, that would be my guess also. The whole all black ninja clothing with no patches looks good, but is hardly the normal security guard outfit. Do they have to be wearing their work clothes(or uniform) to qualify for the exemption?
    The answer is no, they do not need to be wearing their work clothes. just like a LEO does not need to wear his work clothes to and from work.
    In fact, it is a good idea NOT to wear the uniform when not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Iopencarry View Post
    The answer is no, they do not need to be wearing their work clothes. just like a LEO does not need to wear his work clothes to and from work.
    In fact, it is a good idea NOT to wear the uniform when not working.
    LEO have no requirement to be wearing 'work clothes' while carrying, but 'security guards' most certainly do if they are carrying loaded.

PC 12031. (a) (1) A person is guilty of carrying a loaded firearm ...
    (d) Subdivision (a) shall not apply to any of the following who
    have been issued a certificate pursuant to Section 12033.
    (5) Uniformed security guards, regularly employed and compensated
    in that capacity by persons engaged in any lawful business, and
    uniformed alarm agents employed by an alarm company operator, while
    actually engaged in protecting and preserving the property of their
    employers or on duty or en route to or from their residences or their
    places of employment
    , and security guards and alarm agents en route
    to or from their residences or employer-required range training.
    Nothing in this paragraph shall be construed to prohibit cities and
    counties from enacting ordinances requiring alarm agents to register
    their names.

12033. The Department of Consumer Affairs may issue a certificate
    to any person referred to in subdivision (d) of Section 12031, upon
    notification by the school where the course was completed, that the
    person has successfully completed a course in the carrying and use of
    firearms and a course of training in the exercise of the powers of
    arrest which meet the standards prescribed by the department pursuant
    to Section 7583.5 of the Business and Professions Code. [In essence Guard-Card holder]

Additinally - I think there are specific 'marking' requirements for the uniforms as well, but I'm not certain.
    Last edited by mjones; 08-09-2011 at 03:47 PM.

I thought security guards had to be in uniform to carry to/from work. This guy definitely was not identified with any patches/badges/ID. Unless you consider the pink heart sticker on his motorcycle.....LOL.

Thank you for the correction,

I did not know they had to be in uniform,

Dayyum condition 3 got observation bars

Sent from my Droid

I carry but avoid school zones

This is my conservative outfit. I wore white pants with the white chaps in this pic. I ride OC all the time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	284987_2225147037648_1516920629_2425986_4271480_n.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	6666

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	228877_2225140277479_1516920629_2425964_3630351_n.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	6667

Motorcycles and open carry rock!

SWEEET A "biker chick" and you OC!

That two up shot though looks like you've got some "unprotected areas".
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjones View Post
    LEO have no requirement to be wearing 'work clothes' while carrying, but 'security guards' most certainly do if they are carrying loaded.

PC 12031. (a) (1) A person is guilty of carrying a loaded firearm ...
    (d) Subdivision (a) shall not apply to any of the following who
    have been issued a certificate pursuant to Section 12033.
    (5) Uniformed security guards, regularly employed and compensated
    in that capacity by persons engaged in any lawful business, and
    uniformed alarm agents employed by an alarm company operator, while
    actually engaged in protecting and preserving the property of their
    employers or on duty or en route to or from their residences or their
    places of employment
    , and security guards and alarm agents en route
    to or from their residences or employer-required range training.
    Nothing in this paragraph shall be construed to prohibit cities and
    counties from enacting ordinances requiring alarm agents to register
    their names.
    I don't see that part that says people employed as "uniformed security guards" actually have to be uniformed in order to be exempt from 12031. My understanding is that when you are working as a security guard, you must wear a uniform to qualify for this exemption, but that's the extent of the uniform discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe416 View Post
    I don't see that part that says people employed as "uniformed security guards" actually have to be uniformed in order to be exempt from 12031. My understanding is that when you are working as a security guard, you must wear a uniform to qualify for this exemption, but that's the extent of the uniform discussion.
    I think what you're saying is that for it to require the uniform it should explicitly say so? I can see that maybe flying as a defense...but my gut says no.

In other words, are you a Uniformed Security Guard if you aren't in uniform?

I take it to mean that just plain "security guards" that don't wear uniforms at work couldn't be exempt from 12031. A body guard or a loss-prevention worker, for example, could possibly be classified as a security guard, but he would not be a uniformed security guard. I see your logic though, I just think the author of the law would have explicitly stated that the guard would have to be in the uniform he would wear at his work. Otherwise I could be employed as a body guard (a non-uniformed "security" guard), and throw on a some gag uniform and magically have new powers under the law.

Also interesting to note that the line about going to and from ranges doesn't include the word "uniform" in it, "and security guards and alarm agents en route to or from their residences or employer-required range training." Are the guards not required to wear their uniform when going to the range then?

So, I will toss out this question. Suppose John Citizen has a shirt made with "security" on the back and a ball cap with "security" on it. He UOC's at the local Starbucks. Would he be in violation of any law, even though he doesn't work for a security company?
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    So, I will toss out this question. Suppose John Citizen has a shirt made with "security" on the back and a ball cap with "security" on it. He UOC's at the local Starbucks. Would he be in violation of any law, even though he doesn't work for a security company?
    I don't believe so. There's no penal code on "impersonating a security officer", and he's unloaded so he's within the law.
    Last edited by bigtoe416; 08-18-2011 at 12:55 PM. Reason: sentence structure