Thread: Les bois park

Les bois park

Currently at les bois park watching the horses. Open carrying my best dressed 1911. Was stopped just passed the admission gate by security as I expected to happen.

The sec guard asked me why I was carrying a firearm. I answered with the standard 2A etc. He didn't really like my answer and told me I could not come in. I reminded him of the public property and estate pre-emotion and he stated that didn't matter as it was leased property and they set the rules. I again stated preemption. He then asked me to stay where I was while checked with the management and head of security. I agreed to do so.

He returned after several minutes and thanked me for my patience an for remaining. After about 5 more minutes the head of security came down and said they had no issues with my carrying.

I shook hands with both of them, gave each an IDCDL card and thanked them once again.

Have had no issues since. Not even a second glance from the other sec guards.

Although I would have been money ahead not going, still lots of fun!

Thumbs up

Way to stand your ground! I have been thinking about going to Les Bois for awhile...seems like an even better idea now!

Excellent!

Question....What are the IDCDL Cards? What info is on them? What do they look like?

I would like to have a couple if possible.

Awesome, Carracer! You'll have to share that story at the meeting tomorrow!

Shall do.

The IDCDL Cards are the Bus. Cards I printed for paid member Pres. Vice Pres and Sec-Treas. of IdaHo Citizens Defense League. Our meetings are 2nd monday of each month at Wild Bills BBQ on Cherry and Linder in Meridian. Which is tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    Shall do.

The IDCDL Cards are the Bus. Cards I printed for paid member Pres. Vice Pres and Sec-Treas. of IdaHo Citizens Defense League. Our meetings are 2nd monday of each month at Wild Bills BBQ on Cherry and Linder in Meridian. Which is tomorrow!

Thanks if they are in word or excel or any other format that will work for me. Being in S.E. Idaho and having a 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. 5 day a week job and limited vacation it makes it hard for me to make a weekday run to boise.

Thumbs up Nicely Done!

Carracer, you went to bat for the team and hit a grand slam. Security guards often bring their own baggage from whatever state they came from and whatever misinformation they have ever heard in their lives, and you gave them a quick, quiet and polite education that will last a lifetime.

Hats off to you for continuing to blaze trails (and, continuing the metaphor, pave the way) for the benefit of all of us!

From what you shared at the meeting tonight I think you did a fantastic job being professional. Had I been in the same situation I think I might have lost my bearing. Great job!