• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Les bois park

carracer

Currently at les bois park watching the horses. Open carrying my best dressed 1911. Was stopped just passed the admission gate by security as I expected to happen.

The sec guard asked me why I was carrying a firearm. I answered with the standard 2A etc. He didn't really like my answer and told me I could not come in. I reminded him of the public property and estate pre-emotion and he stated that didn't matter as it was leased property and they set the rules. I again stated preemption. He then asked me to stay where I was while checked with the management and head of security. I agreed to do so.

He returned after several minutes and thanked me for my patience an for remaining. After about 5 more minutes the head of security came down and said they had no issues with my carrying.

I shook hands with both of them, gave each an IDCDL card and thanked them once again.

Have had no issues since. Not even a second glance from the other sec guards.

Although I would have been money ahead not going, still lots of fun!

ManInBlack

Way to stand your ground! I have been thinking about going to Les Bois for awhile...seems like an even better idea now!

carracer

Shall do.

The IDCDL Cards are the Bus. Cards I printed for paid member Pres. Vice Pres and Sec-Treas. of IdaHo Citizens Defense League. Our meetings are 2nd monday of each month at Wild Bills BBQ on Cherry and Linder in Meridian. Which is tomorrow!

jimd_21

Shall do.

The IDCDL Cards are the Bus. Cards I printed for paid member Pres. Vice Pres and Sec-Treas. of IdaHo Citizens Defense League. Our meetings are 2nd monday of each month at Wild Bills BBQ on Cherry and Linder in Meridian. Which is tomorrow!

Thanks if they are in word or excel or any other format that will work for me. Being in S.E. Idaho and having a 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. 5 day a week job and limited vacation it makes it hard for me to make a weekday run to boise.

DCR

Nicely Done!

Carracer, you went to bat for the team and hit a grand slam. Security guards often bring their own baggage from whatever state they came from and whatever misinformation they have ever heard in their lives, and you gave them a quick, quiet and polite education that will last a lifetime.

Hats off to you for continuing to blaze trails (and, continuing the metaphor, pave the way) for the benefit of all of us!

clarkebar

From what you shared at the meeting tonight I think you did a fantastic job being professional. Had I been in the same situation I think I might have lost my bearing. Great job!