Thread: Tea party open forum "Stump speech"

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Tea party open forum "Stump speech"

I decided to go and meet the local Whatcom candidates giving speeches on the stump in Pioneer Park, Ferndale today. To please the woman I didn't wear my coffee and guns shirt today, but did stick to the shorts and "flip flops".

I decided to get on the stump and say a few things, I flubbed my main point a little, I don't like not having a podium.

Skyisfalling came there I spotted someone OC'ing right before, I took the "stump". Glad he was there and learned it was his first time OC,,,,yay!!!!1

After talking our Sheriff Bill Elfo came over and talked to us, and I was glad that as the top law enforcer in our area he told us that his deputies and himself viewed OC'ing as no different than people wearing any other accessory. +1 in my book, and we also had a friendly chat about the lock box issue, he seems to see it my way and is urging the county to take a different approach without security screeners, another +1.

vVideo.
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 08-08-2011 at 10:08 AM.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Lost OC virginity

One of the best days of my life.
    I lost my OC virginity. What better place than Tea Party rally.

SV Gunner, what big stones you have. On the "Stump", pontificating our "OC" truth.
    It was truly a sight. You ought to be proud.

THE SHERIFF OF WHATCOM COUNTY came up to shake our hands and say,....
    " A armed society is a polite society ".

We made a difference in the world today just by showing up, OC.

Nice pic: SV Gunner & Skyisfalling ; "strong side". hope i can get a copy.

Thanks, was good to meet ya.

You should be able to download by clicking the link. If not I can e-mail you one.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

I LOVE this! Very nicely done, guys!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Grassroots activism at THE most effective level.

Good Great job!
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Great job SVG and skyisfalling. A lot more of this is exactly what we need. I hope everyone is paying attention get involved do something like this just once a year.

Thank you guys, all your support means a lot to me.

We all bitch about the system, and many of us have been apathetic about the "two" parties sometimes only 30% of the population vote. I wanted to let the politicians know why even if it is just on the local level. I plan on doing more of this, I know it isn't going to make me popular among many who love the "system" but the majority of folks I talk to are not content in one way or the other. Yet there isn't a party that represents us, because we really don't want anything from anybody else but to be left alone.
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 08-07-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Aaaarrrgghhh! I was with my girlfriend and her son at the playground 50 yards away. I could have increased the OC contingent by 50% by strolling over!

Well done, as usual.

Founder's Club Member
    Well done, SVG.

Yea ya,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Jim675 View Post
    Aaaarrrgghhh! I was with my girlfriend and her son at the playground 50 yards away. I could have increased the OC contingent by 50% by strolling over!

Well done, as usual.
    I like to do the math, but if you came over you would only increase that OC level by 33%,, not 50%.. BUT!!

I am realy PROUD of my friend,, to stand up on an actual! Stump! in flipflops and shorts and OCing to make a public speech,,

Well I just have no words....
    but i am PROUD!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Well done, SVG.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    I like to do the math, but if you came over you would only increase that OC level by 33%,, not 50%.. BUT!!

I am realy PROUD of my friend,, to stand up on an actual! Stump! in flipflops and shorts and OCing to make a public speech,,

Well I just have no words....
    but i am PROUD!
    Thanks again guys! Your support means a lot! And I am glad you consider me your friend I am honored,, and I consider you a friend also.

50% surcharge on a dollar is a $1.50. What gets tricky and I had to write my own formula in excel to figure it out is trying to figure in a % profit on a total job that includes the profit.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Thanks again guys! Your support means a lot! And I am glad you consider me your friend I am honored,, and I consider you a friend also.

50% surcharge on a dollar is a $1.50. What gets tricky and I had to write my own formula in excel to figure it out is trying to figure in a % profit on a total job that includes the profit.
    Congrats! A lot of great people in history have just gone and spoke to a crowd on what they believe. Takes guts to do that. I admire that a lot.

ooops,,,

i like to do math, but sometimes i need to do it twice.
    jim675 is right, i am wrong, i am old and i get confused.
    adding 1 OCer to the 2 OCers in attendance, does indeed increase the total number of OCers by 50%

OT, Im still proud of SVG!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    OT, Im still proud of SVG!
    As am I, he stood up and made it quick and to the point. Daily reminders will soon stick in heads and can become guilty conscience.

But I wouldn't expect any less from SVG, he's a good guy.

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!