• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tea party open forum "Stump speech"

sudden valley gunner

I decided to go and meet the local Whatcom candidates giving speeches on the stump in Pioneer Park, Ferndale today. To please the woman I didn't wear my coffee and guns shirt today, but did stick to the shorts and "flip flops".

I decided to get on the stump and say a few things, I flubbed my main point a little, I don't like not having a podium.

Skyisfalling came there I spotted someone OC'ing right before, I took the "stump". Glad he was there and learned it was his first time OC,,,,yay!!!!1

After talking our Sheriff Bill Elfo came over and talked to us, and I was glad that as the top law enforcer in our area he told us that his deputies and himself viewed OC'ing as no different than people wearing any other accessory. +1 in my book, and we also had a friendly chat about the lock box issue, he seems to see it my way and is urging the county to take a different approach without security screeners, another +1.

SANY0574.jpg

SANY0573.jpg

SANY0572.jpg

SANY0575.jpg

SANY0585.jpg

vVideo.

Last edited:

skyisfalling

Lost OC virginity

One of the best days of my life.
I lost my OC virginity. What better place than Tea Party rally.

SV Gunner, what big stones you have. On the "Stump", pontificating our "OC" truth.
It was truly a sight. You ought to be proud.

THE SHERIFF OF WHATCOM COUNTY came up to shake our hands and say,....
" A armed society is a polite society ".

We made a difference in the world today just by showing up, OC.

Nice pic: SV Gunner & Skyisfalling ; "strong side". hope i can get a copy.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Grassroots activism at THE most effective level. :)

[strike]Good[/strike] Great job!

Jeff Hayes

Great job SVG and skyisfalling. A lot more of this is exactly what we need. I hope everyone is paying attention get involved do something like this just once a year.

sudden valley gunner

Thank you guys, all your support means a lot to me.

We all bitch about the system, and many of us have been apathetic about the "two" parties sometimes only 30% of the population vote. I wanted to let the politicians know why even if it is just on the local level. I plan on doing more of this, I know it isn't going to make me popular among many who love the "system" but the majority of folks I talk to are not content in one way or the other. Yet there isn't a party that represents us, because we really don't want anything from anybody else but to be left alone.

Last edited:

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
Aaaarrrgghhh! I was with my girlfriend and her son at the playground 50 yards away. I could have increased the OC contingent by 50% by strolling over!

Well done, as usual.

1245A Defender

Yea ya,,,

Aaaarrrgghhh! I was with my girlfriend and her son at the playground 50 yards away. I could have increased the OC contingent by 50% by strolling over!

Well done, as usual.
I like to do the math, but if you came over you would only increase that OC level by 33%,, not 50%.. BUT!!

I am realy PROUD of my friend,, to stand up on an actual! Stump! in flipflops and shorts and OCing to make a public speech,,

Well I just have no words....
but i am PROUD!

sudden valley gunner

Well done, SVG.

I like to do the math, but if you came over you would only increase that OC level by 33%,, not 50%.. BUT!!

I am realy PROUD of my friend,, to stand up on an actual! Stump! in flipflops and shorts and OCing to make a public speech,,

Well I just have no words....
but i am PROUD!

Thanks again guys! Your support means a lot! And I am glad you consider me your friend I am honored,, and I consider you a friend also.

50% surcharge on a dollar is a $1.50. What gets tricky and I had to write my own formula in excel to figure it out is trying to figure in a % profit on a total job that includes the profit.

CEM

Thanks again guys! Your support means a lot! And I am glad you consider me your friend I am honored,, and I consider you a friend also.

50% surcharge on a dollar is a $1.50. What gets tricky and I had to write my own formula in excel to figure it out is trying to figure in a % profit on a total job that includes the profit.

Congrats! A lot of great people in history have just gone and spoke to a crowd on what they believe. Takes guts to do that. I admire that a lot.

1245A Defender

ooops,,,

i like to do math, but sometimes i need to do it twice.
jim675 is right, i am wrong, i am old and i get confused.
adding 1 OCer to the 2 OCers in attendance, does indeed increase the total number of OCers by 50%

OT, Im still proud of SVG!