• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I OCd for the first time yesterday in Gallatin co.

Meshuggah

I just wanted to share my first OC experience with everyone here.

The wife and I decided to check out the 127 yard sale yesterday. We live in Ft.Mitchell ky and drove down dixie hwy into Gallatin co. We stopped at alot of sales and even saw alot of awesome rifles for sale too. I only had one person comment on it. He asked me if I had a permit for "that thing". I then told him about not needing a permit and explained to him about OC and CCW. Told him about this site too.

Also saw a guy OC a kimber but didnt get a chance to say hi.

Now my wife and I want to get some land out there, it was so beautiful.

neuroblades

Good job. No one ran screaming from you? No mothers sheltered their children from the sight of a gun? This is Ky., many people don't know that OC is legal, but they don't get too upset over it, either. LEO are usually up to speed on most gun laws. Keep up the good work, it is good work you know, and educate as many people as you can. Most of Ky. is very beautiful.

Not that I'm complaining, Gutshot but something you said made me start to wonder about something. You wrote, "This is Ky., many people don't know that OC is legal, but they don't get too upset over it, either". I totally agree with you, alot of Kentuckians are not yet fully aware of their Rights and OC but they still don't get too upset about the sight of someone carrying a sidearm.

Do you think that this is because of apathy, complacency or just simple laziness?