• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WLBZ2 News - Open carry picnic in Portland, ME on Sunday 14 August 2011

thacountyhick

I'm with ya forest on a range gathering. Ant to you "wantstocarry" if it helps you feel a little more comfortable, your not far from me I'd be happy to get together and go for a walk or whatever OCingwith ya.

crdonov

I would like to get together for range time on a more regular basis, maybe make that a monthly thing. It was a good group building exercise and I enjoyed the opportunity to introduce folks to their first shooting experience. It's nice to get face time with everyone.

sounds good to me!!! had a great time Saturday!!! hopefully next time i will bring some Tannerite targets!!!

xd-over

ep0k

sounds good to me!!! had a great time Saturday!!! hopefully next time i will bring some Tannerite targets!!!

xd-over

That would be spectacular =)

Some talk was had yesterday about setting up some kind of formal membership at Scarborough Fish and Game for MOCA as an organization. If we were to do that I'm sure we'd need to raise money somehow for it, either by formalizing and monetizing our membership process or just by passing the hat around. Will make some phone calls and probably start a new thread with my findings / ideas.

crdonov

Some talk was had yesterday about setting up some kind of formal membership at Scarborough Fish and Game for MOCA as an organization. If we were to do that I'm sure we'd need to raise money somehow for it, either by formalizing and monetizing our membership process or just by passing the hat around. Will make some phone calls and probably start a new thread with my findings / ideas.

cool keep us informed!!!

xd-over

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

cool keep us informed!!!

xd-over

Has the time and membership advanced/grown to the point of formalizing MOCA? This not only takes a certain amount of income, but dedicated, multiple volunteers as well.

There are laws that will have to be met. Rules, standards, procedures (By-laws) cannot be ignored. There is a learning curve involved and legal guidance may be necessitated.

Yep - would be nice if someone were to make a sizable donation for the operation of MOCA - not very likely though.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
Has the time and membership advanced/grown to the point of formalizing MOCA? This not only takes a certain amount of income, but dedicated, multiple volunteers as well.

There are laws that will have to be met. Rules, standards, procedures (By-laws) cannot be ignored. There is a learning curve involved and legal guidance may be necessitated.

Yep - would be nice if someone were to make a sizable donation for the operation of MOCA - not very likely though.

Well, I had about 12 people email me just yesterday asking to become members :)

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Yes!!!!

Now put them to work. :lol:

It would also be nice if you could find an OCing lawyer who might be willing to donate some time to get a formal group started. Have the new "members" call around. You might get lucky. Best wishes to you all!!