Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Santa Clarita CA no carry zone MAP

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Santa Clarita
    Posts
    7

    Santa Clarita CA no carry zone MAP

    I'm working on a MAP of all the no carry zones in Santa Clarita, it is not finished yet, but it is pretty extensive so far. I found a map made by someone named nick that already had most of the information, but it was extremely out of date and had a lot of missing schools. So I copied it and then started adding alot more data. Check it out

    (temp disable on link)

    If you find anything I have missed let me know ASAP. PS lets get an open carry meet in Santa Clarita

    NOTE: I accepts no liability for the content or accuracy of this map, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided.
    Last edited by fidget253; 08-10-2011 at 05:02 AM.

  2. #2
    State Pioneer ConditionThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shasta County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by fidget253 View Post
    If you find anything I have missed let me know ASAP. PS lets get an open carry meet in Santa Clarita
    Yes. You missed the part about how a map is evidence that you know or reasonably should have known where all the area schools are. (Even if the information is inaccurate.)
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

    NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW


    Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Santa Clarita
    Posts
    7
    And that's why I don't plan to go into those areas, ignorance of where the schools are wont save you anyways. The best way to avoid that issue is to avoid the school zones, plus the map still has some work to be done. Once my Map is complete few weeks.
    Last edited by fidget253; 08-07-2011 at 11:29 PM.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oakley, California, United States
    Posts
    637
    private schools come and go and open/close almost on a daily basis.

    We have one school here that has changed locations 4 times in 2 years

    Please, if you make a map, do not keep it with you in your car. And remember to check often when you carry to make sure there are no changes.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Santa Clarita
    Posts
    7
    ya def wouldnt keep it in my car, however, i cant speak for the rest of the world, but school in santa clarita here never change. You may get one new school every idn 3-4 years, if that

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oakley, California, United States
    Posts
    637
    You do know that it is public and private schools I hope. Private schools change a lot. I have found.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Firemark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    445
    My advice, dont make a document that can be accessed on the internet by others. If LE can get a hold of it, DA's CAN AND WILL use it against you. It doenst have to be the truth or reality, they just have to make it sound convincing to a judge (who can be very anti gun and biased) and/or a jury (who can be manipulated by being told some info and denied other truthful info that supports your argument.)

    "Members of the jury I present exhibit "A" the map produced by the defendant to identify schools to be targets of a shooting rampage (or child abductions)"

    Best to do your own research, dont make it accessible to others, dont publish to internet, dont carry hard copy. Share your hard work by word of mouth.

    If you need more explanationas to why, read my 2nd signature line below.
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

    "Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

    "Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Santa Clarita
    Posts
    7
    This map was merely a tool to aid other. However, I rarely open carry in california. Most of the carrying i do is concealed in other states. That being said, if someone lives in santa clarita, they can use this information to aid them. And as said before i know my laws and understand it is private school also . There are quite a few private schools on the map. that being said, school is santa clarita, public and private very rarely change. If you dont want to use the map, then stop trolling. It is merely just an aid. I understand all the risk, so the risks dont need to be explained to me. Also our police department does not dispatch to open carry reports(they have been sued twice, lost both times), so use the map for what it is intended for, as an aid. If you havnt done the proper research, you shouldnt be open carrying anyways.

    end of rant

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Susanville, California, USA
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by fidget253 View Post
    This map was merely a tool to aid other. However, I rarely open carry in california. Most of the carrying i do is concealed in other states. That being said, if someone lives in santa clarita, they can use this information to aid them. And as said before i know my laws and understand it is private school also . There are quite a few private schools on the map. that being said, school is santa clarita, public and private very rarely change. If you dont want to use the map, then stop trolling. It is merely just an aid. I understand all the risk, so the risks dont need to be explained to me. Also our police department does not dispatch to open carry reports(they have been sued twice, lost both times), so use the map for what it is intended for, as an aid. If you havnt done the proper research, you shouldnt be open carrying anyways.

    end of rant
    Hi fidget253, Yeah thanks for the map, I don't live down there but Its a good aid as you said.

    Another thing is we should call our Congressman, and ask them to support H.R.2613 Ron Paul's
    bill called "Citizens Protection Act", Its about doing away with the (GFSZ) all together.
    Ron Paul don't have any Co-sponsors yet who will sign on to the bill.
    We need to pass this on and all of us email or call your Congressman NOW !

    Robin47 !

  10. #10
    Regular Member mjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SoCal, , USA
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by fidget253 View Post
    Also our police department does not dispatch to open carry reports(they have been sued twice, lost both times)
    I would like more information on this - especially with regard to LASD losing lawsuits.

    I've both LOC'd and UOC'd at times in the Santa Clarita Valley for over 20 years and never once been stopped or e-checked - I consider that 99.9% luck.

    Please provide any information you have about these lawsuits - I hate to sound like a complete *******, but I don't think they exist. Any scrap of information that you have in order for the cases to be looked up would be of HUGE benefit to the CA OC movement at large.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Santa Clarita
    Posts
    7
    Hey mjones after doing some research to find those cases, it appears i was incorrect. the cases i was reffering to were involving ccw not open carry. however, the LASD does have a memo about this. Sorry for the mis information,

    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...8__KSw&cad=rja

    Ive never be e-checked either. I would assume that due to low crime rates that santa clarita has, along with the type of people who live here. They assume you are a police officer when they see this. not sure if there could be any other explanation other then the memo.
    Last edited by fidget253; 08-10-2011 at 04:55 AM.

  12. #12
    Regular Member mjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SoCal, , USA
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by fidget253 View Post
    Hey mjones after doing some research to find those cases, it appears i was incorrect. the cases i was reffering to were involving ccw not open carry. however, the LASD does have a memo about this. Sorry for the mis information,

    Ive never be e-checked either. I would assume that due to low crime rates that santa clarita has, along with the type of people who live here. They assume you are a police officer when they see this. not sure if there could be any other explanation other then the memo.
    Not a problem! I was hoping you were correct

    Ya, in general LASD does a great job making the distinction between good-guy and bad-guy in northern LA County as a whole. All of the north county stations have their seedy elements to deal with but they also seem to have a better ability to determine how to handle people.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    9
    Map was mine from waaaaaay back when. I didn't realize it was publicly accessible/searchable. Finding it was a blast from the past...

    I don't even think I was old enough to purchase a handgun when I started working on that thing. This was back when the UOC "movement" had not even started yet. I remember coming to these forums every day to check C3's posts about his carry stories. I became so blind to reality and so obsessed with "my constitutional rights" that my wife eventually left me. True story (obviously there's more to it, but it played a pretty dang big part). I became obsessed to the point where I couldn't even behave appropriately in social situations. You'd make an off-handed comment about guns at a party and it'd start me on a long train wreck speech about the Second Amendment... rights... blah blah... and before you knew it nobody wanted to be around me, not even my wife. I had become an extremist "constitution nut" who walked around his house with a loaded shotgun (remember I couldn't buy a handgun yet) that made his wife feel unsafe in her own damn house. And yes, I was married before I could purchase a handgun :P I was a foolish idealistic kid. I'm actually kind of ashamed of all that, though I learned a helluva lot through it all and became who I am today.

    I have unpublished the map. It was incomplete back then, and is only more incomplete and inaccurate now. I stopped making it when I woke up and realized that UOC was a politically bad move in CA and opted not to participate, and after also getting smacked by Oaklander's Trout of Reality a few times. I'm now focused on achieving practical, measurable results - not idealism.

  14. #14
    State Pioneer ConditionThree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shasta County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,231
    ^ This post makes me a sad panda... :-(

    Yes, I've sunk to invoking internet meme. But the post does illustrate that there are dangers other than school zone violations and bad encounters with police to avoid. I have lost friends over both my beliefs and activities related to open carry and the 2A- and it is difficult to overcome these alienations. I do think that I bear some blame, mostly for inspiring others to imitate me, while neglecting to warn people adequately, that what worked for me wouldnt always be as sucessful in any other environment.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

    NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW


    Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Santa Clarita
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    Map was mine from waaaaaay back when. I didn't realize it was publicly accessible/searchable. Finding it was a blast from the past...

    I don't even think I was old enough to purchase a handgun when I started working on that thing. This was back when the UOC "movement" had not even started yet. I remember coming to these forums every day to check C3's posts about his carry stories. I became so blind to reality and so obsessed with "my constitutional rights" that my wife eventually left me. True story (obviously there's more to it, but it played a pretty dang big part). I became obsessed to the point where I couldn't even behave appropriately in social situations. You'd make an off-handed comment about guns at a party and it'd start me on a long train wreck speech about the Second Amendment... rights... blah blah... and before you knew it nobody wanted to be around me, not even my wife. I had become an extremist "constitution nut" who walked around his house with a loaded shotgun (remember I couldn't buy a handgun yet) that made his wife feel unsafe in her own damn house. And yes, I was married before I could purchase a handgun :P I was a foolish idealistic kid. I'm actually kind of ashamed of all that, though I learned a helluva lot through it all and became who I am today.

    I have unpublished the map. It was incomplete back then, and is only more incomplete and inaccurate now. I stopped making it when I woke up and realized that UOC was a politically bad move in CA and opted not to participate, and after also getting smacked by Oaklander's Trout of Reality a few times. I'm now focused on achieving practical, measurable results - not idealism.
    haha thanks nick for the basemap. saved me alot of time. Anyways its almost complete now. I just need to verify that all my zones are indeed 1500 feet, yours were all 1000 feet. Now most of them are 1650 feet just to be safe. Anyways as soon as i finish the map up, i will re-enable the link.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    1

    Detained twice for firearms in the SCV

    Quote Originally Posted by fidget253 View Post
    Hey mjones after doing some research to find those cases, it appears i was incorrect. the cases i was reffering to were involving ccw not open carry. however, the LASD does have a memo about this. Sorry for the mis information,

    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...8__KSw&cad=rja

    Ive never be e-checked either. I would assume that due to low crime rates that santa clarita has, along with the type of people who live here. They assume you are a police officer when they see this. not sure if there could be any other explanation other then the memo.
    I'm from Santa Clarita (I've lived here since 1976) and last year I had multiple LEO's stop me and draw their weapons upon me - TWICE. They forced me out of the car on a dirt road like a common criminal and put me AND my Belgian Malinois dog in the back seat of one of their SUVs as they rifled through my belongings without my permission. I specifically (and quite calmly) disallowed them from searching my vehicle but they conducted their searches WITHOUT consent. Why did this happen to me? This happened because I answered their questions truthfully when they stopped me on that dirt road for literally no reason. They asked if I had any weapons in my car and I replied that yes, I had guns in my car, unloaded and legally stored in locked cases in the trunk. I also indicated that all of my ammunition was made of copper so that I would be in compliance with the new condor-protecting laws. Did I mention it was during deer season and I was returning from a legal hunt for which I had a valid license and tag? For this to happen once is totally wrong and they should have apologized. They didn't. For this to happen twice - two weekends in a row - is a complete outrage and a conspiracy! When they finally let me go after running the serial numbers on my guns, having determined them to be "clean", I asked what right they had to do this to me and why they would treat me like a criminal. One officer said, "Hey, this is Santa Clarita. The soccer moms in this city don't take too kindly to people running around with guns, so we're here to make sure that they're taken care of". Oh really...? A soccer mom's myopic view on guns trumps my 2nd and 4th amendment rights? I think not....

    Anyways, the reason why I posted this is that you should not be off your guard when open-carrying in the SCV. I merely answered a question truthfully as I am supposed to and they assumed I was a criminal. The Sherriff Dept is no different here than anywhere else in LA County.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    10

    1500 ft. School zone

    Quote Originally Posted by fidget253 View Post
    Hey mjones after doing some research to find those cases, it appears i was incorrect. the cases i was reffering to were involving ccw not open carry. however, the LASD does have a memo about this. Sorry for the mis information,

    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...8__KSw&cad=rja

    Ive never be e-checked either. I would assume that due to low crime rates that santa clarita has, along with the type of people who live here. They assume you are a police officer when they see this. not sure if there could be any other explanation other then the memo.
    In that LASD memo it states the school zone to be 1500 feet instead of 1000 feet. Typo?

  18. #18
    Regular Member mjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SoCal, , USA
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by TaIk2Kevin View Post
    In that LASD memo it states the school zone to be 1500 feet instead of 1000 feet. Typo?
    I don't know if its a typo or not, but the size of the zone is incorrect in that memo (and a couple others if I remember correctly.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •