• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed and clumsy

range rat

Orlando Fl, February. A 17 year old boy, playing with a gun in bed, (mod edited ) shot himself in the Testicles.. A new way of Birth Control maybe ???

South Yorkshire, England. Mr. Sean Murphy, 38, destroyed most of his finger tryiny to shoot off a Wart.. I it's safe to say, thats one wart that won't be Growing back.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It is nice to link such stories. Otherwise they remain unsubstantiated and just allegorical.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Neither of these self-shootings are the result of clumsiness. Not unless you care to call very poor thinking through of an idea before carrying it out "clumsy".

Nor are they "accidental" shootings.

Both are fine examples of negligence.

Unfortunately, folks like those two do more harm to the firearms community than they, or often we, ever could imagine. They are the ammunition that the antis stock up on in preparation for trotting out their rant about how nobody (except the police and the military) should be allowed to posses a firearm because those things are just so inherently dangerous that you will be lucky if you only shoot off a body part instead of killing yourself. And if "we" try to counter that by discussing how extraordinarily unthinking (I'm really trying not to use words like "stupid" and "ignorant", so bear with me) those individuals were, we get lambasted for picking on the feeble-minded (can you still call them that?:uhoh:).

If you mention these two doofi in any conversation, please be sure to include a comment or two on their failure to carry the thinking process to its conclusion before acting out their schemes. Who knows - you just might save someone from repeating their errors.

stay safe.

MKEgal

skidmark said:
If you mention these two doofi in any conversation
:)
Someone else has had Latin...
I was pleasantly surprised once to see a sign for "thesauri" in a bookstore...
and a major chain bookstore at that.

But yes, I agree, none of what's been mentioned so far is clumsy.
Clumsy is dropping a gun, or tripping over & kicking one, or maybe even getting your finger in the chamber while hitting the slide release.

Last edited:

mobeewan

Orlando Fl, February. A 17 year old boy, playing with a gun in bed, (mod edited ) shot himself in the Testicles.. A new way of Birth Control maybe ???
Darwin Award candidate.

South Yorkshire, England. Mr. Sean Murphy, 38, destroyed most of his finger tryiny to shoot off a Wart.. I it's safe to say, thats one wart that won't be Growing back.
Just Plain Stupid Award candidate

Last edited: