• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Baraboo Farm and Fleet OC information

Zeus

Farm and Fleet = we hate America! I will never shop there, thanks for the info and the link to Georgia Arms.

santana

Blain's Farm and Fleet is an excellent Wisconsin based chain of stores, soon to open one in northern Illinois. They do not hate anyone. The small percentage of people carrying weapons who do not want to leave em in their vehicle will have no impact on their business.

bmwguy11

Blain's Farm and Fleet is an excellent Wisconsin based chain of stores, soon to open one in northern Illinois. They do not hate anyone. The small percentage of people carrying weapons who do not want to leave em in their vehicle will have no impact on their business.

Why go to farm and fleet, when we can go to fleet farm where they support and allow OC and eventually CCW. While there may be a smaller percentage of people now who would like to OC, the percentage who will want to CCW will be much greater. So come november, farm and fleet is going to lose even MORE customers.

I would not call farm and fleet an excellent store.

protias

How would you like it if they said, "No black people," "No children allowed," "No silly hats," etc, etc, etc? They all discriminate against people.

HandyHamlet

Blain's Farm and Fleet is an excellent Wisconsin based chain of stores, soon to open one in northern Illinois. They do not hate anyone.

Blain's Farm and Fleet is and has been in IL since I can remember. I used to travel an hour to go to their DeKalb/Sycamore store. It was my fav store. I bought EVERYTHING there. As they began to open more stores in IL they became just another Target or Wally World. No more Farm. Or Fleet. Just yuppified Carharts and Work-N-Sport boots.

In short Blaine's Farm and Fleet SUCKS.

The small percentage of people carrying weapons who do not want to leave em in their vehicle will have no impact on their business.

Why exactly are you here again?

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

They have lost tens of thousands of dollars is sales already in the state of Wisconsin because of thier policy. That is hardly no impact. They may just believe that the ECONOMY is hitting them harder than it really is.

Last edited:

santana

They have lost tens of thousands of dollars is sales already in the state of Wisconsin because of thier policy. That is hardly no impact. They may just believe that the ECONOMY is hitting them harder than it really is.

Your information is just your opinion, or can you cite where you found the loss of income by their stores. Must not be hurting too bad as new stores are being built.

santana

Blain's Farm and Fleet is and has been in IL since I can remember. I used to travel an hour to go to their DeKalb/Sycamore store. It was my fav store. I bought EVERYTHING there. As they began to open more stores in IL they became just another Target or Wally World. No more Farm. Or Fleet. Just yuppified Carharts and Work-N-Sport boots.

In short Blaine's Farm and Fleet SUCKS.

Why exactly are you here again?

I did not say there were no other stores in Illinois. I said one is being built in northern Illinois. You think they suck, I think they are great. Just a difference of opinion, no big deal.

protias

Your information is just your opinion, or can you cite where you found the loss of income by their stores. Must not be hurting too bad as new stores are being built.

Can you prove they haven't been losing money? So what if they are building a new store? All it means is they are building a store. You have no idea if they are closing another one or how they plan on paying for this store. You do know that business is risk vs reward right? Take for instance Blockbuster, they had stores all over the world back in the 90s/00s, but now they are going out of business.

santana

Can you prove they haven't been losing money? So what if they are building a new store? All it means is they are building a store. You have no idea if they are closing another one or how they plan on paying for this store. You do know that business is risk vs reward right? Take for instance Blockbuster, they had stores all over the world back in the 90s/00s, but now they are going out of business.

I do know I like shopping at Blains and have no problem securing my weapon before entering. No discrimination involved.

BROKENSPROKET

Many OC'ers in the state of Wisconsin will no longer spend money there. It's not a boycott, because those are intended change behaviour. Just as I am not boycotting myex-wife by refusing to talk to her. I dont' care what she does now, it's what she did that matters to me, and no matter what she does now, I will not talk to her.

This house used to spend aproximatey $1,500 annually at Blains F&F. I friend of mine used to spend a minimum of $5,000 annually at F&F. So with all the people that will not shop there anymore, it can easily assume that would be in the tens of Thousands of dollars in lost sales state-wide. That is probably minsicul to thier over alll annaul state wide sales, so I doubt they even feel it.

I have been loyal to F&F for over two decades, but I would have thought that F&F would have been one of the last places that would deny thier customers thier right to self-defense. I can Open Carry at my credit union for crying out loud. I will never spend a penny at Farm & Fleet again, short of a public apology to thier (lost) cutomers.. With all the stores that respect our rights, there is no need to shp there anymore.

Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I do know I like shopping at Blains and have no problem securing my weapon before entering. No discrimination involved.

Hmm... I've got a problem with it. I'll peacefully discriminate against them by shopping at stores that don't leave my personal security up to a sign that doesn't work. I'll even go out of my way and pay more if I have to.

I think that standing on principle is more important than a little inconvenience for me.

Last edited:

protias

Hmm... I've got a problem with it. I'll peacefully discriminate against them by shopping at stores that don't leave my personal security up to a sign that doesn't work. I'll even go out of my way and pay more if I have to.

I think that standing on principle is more important than a little inconvenience for me.

[video=youtube;S7pGt_O1uM8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7pGt_O1uM8[/video]

BROKENSPROKET

Then I have to ask why do you even carry. Is it just some novel idea to you? Chances are you do not even carry a handgun.

So, you won't discrimate against a store that discriminates. That is weak. Yes, Blains discriminates. Most stores don't create such policies for thier customers. They allow what is legal.

Last edited:

protias

Then I have to ask why do you even carry. Is it just some novel idea to you?

So, you won't discrimate against a store that discriminates. That is weak. Chances are you do not even carry a handgun.

Yes, Blains discriminates. Most stores don't create such policies for thier customers. They allow what is legal.

I'm guessing santana is a user that has been banned several times before and just wants to stir up the hornets nest here.

HandyHamlet

I'm guessing santana is a user that has been banned several times before and just wants to stir up the hornets nest here.

Agreed.

It doesn't take any math skills to figure that if 250 guys stop spending a grand a year there F&F is throwing away a quarter Million. And judging by the reaction on facebook when this originally broke I'd say F&F loosing 250 loyal customers is a conservative estimate.

Plus anyone who spent any time in F&F at all would know that their current inventory is a pathetic joke compared to when the store actually catered to farmers.

Last edited:

santana

Agreed.

It doesn't take any math skills to figure that if 250 guys stop spending a grand a year there F&F is throwing away a quarter Million. And judging by the reaction on facebook when this originally broke I'd say F&F loosing 250 loyal customers is a conservative estimate.

Plus anyone who spent any time in F&F at all would know that their current inventory is a pathetic joke compared to when the store actually catered to farmers.

Due to their weapons policy they may actually gain 250 new people who spend a grand a year. The Blains I shop at the most still has the same size ag section in the same part of the store since it opened decades ago.