• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

bad oc in green bay

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET

I heard that China has bought 25 sq. miles in Ohio to set up a city that will have it's own sovereignty. For the chinese to manufacture chinese goods on chinese soil inside the USA.

I don't think China can do that~~They essentially would just have private property but still be subject to local, state, and federal laws, including labor laws.

Such is done with embassies of foreign nations, but do not see this as qualifying.

BROKENSPROKET

I don't think China can do that~~They essentially would just have private property but still be subject to local, state, and federal laws, including labor laws.

From what I understand is that the Ohio Legislature is partnering with the Chinese Gov.

I honestly don't know if it true. I just read about it and can't remember where.

1FASTC4

While I hadn't heard anything about this and it seems really quite far fetched, you forget that was have Obama in the WH and he would certainly have no problem with this.

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
an argument that can't be supported by logic or evidence.. ??????????????? What are you really that blind, lacking intellect & not up on Current events..Everything I said was & is Logical & backed up by a TON of real world evdince...dammm ...what have you been living in a closet for the last 15 years ?????? LMAO

Jokes need to be followed by...the little smiley face or ( just kidding ) with out those two things..It's not funny.

The Chinese are not coming ??? ...they are already here & own 25% of this country....WOW..
COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Not appropriate

I'm just saying, when you result to name calling you lose any credibility you had going. Usually name calling is a last resort for people who have no support for their argument.

China doesn't need to put troops on our mainland to get control of their assets. The liberals running our country will just have our servicemen/women enforce the Chinese orders handed to us from their government. Our police forces already enforce unconstitutional laws, this just shows that they are fine with following any orders they receive from above them.

M

McX

in the simulator at gander in madison there was a simulation where an irate person berates you, and appears to walk away. then they turn and fire on you. I'm glad to hear it was 'ok' for you.

MKEgal

back to the reason for the thread...

ssmits said:
shopping at the mall and was asked many times if I was a cop.
I replied no I am OC and it is legal in WI.
I usually reply "no, I'm a citizen".
Give them a couple seconds to digest that, then continue, "open carry is legal in Wisconsin".
Often leads to conversations, almost always good.

a drunk man and woman cornered me and my family and yelled, "Are you a cop?"
Scary. No telling what a couple of drunks will do.
(Esp. women. Men are pretty straightforward.)
And if they'd already worked themselves up to approaching & yelling at a visibly armed person, I don't think it's much of a jump to them deciding to physically attack.

React forcefully to the threat, let your wife handle the kid(s).
Not that I advocate drawing on them, but face them squarely, don't take your eyes off them, speak clearly & forcefully (so they hear it clearly & so do other people) & tell them to go away, leave your family alone.
Assertive, not aggressive. Confident body language too.

Have one hand out showing "stop" (which also shows up well on video, & to people too far away to hear what's being said), with the phone in your weak hand, calling police, to report a couple of drunks acting threatening toward you. Be sure to mention there are kids being threatened.

Disorderly conduct, drunk & disorderly, public intoxication, disturbing the peace... what else can we come up with?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
In which of the United States of America are Glocks made,Glock34 ?

Some Glocks are made in Georgia, most Glocks sold in the US are made in the US, they only say Austria on them because Some of the parts that the pistol consists of are made there for importaion reasons and the company is owned in Austria. Most Glock Pistols are made here, Frames, Slides & being assembled here. Most Glocks are stamped AUSTRIA but since Glock has increaded US manufacturing you will be seeing more & more Glocks stamped USA in the future. Hope this helps.

Some other notes:
-The finish is the new dull gray finish. Glock is going to this finish worldwide. All USA guns will be this finish only (no tennifer finish performed in US).
-As of right now, the guns are designated export only by Glock, however owning one is not prohibited. The USA made guns have been shipped overseas for a few foreign national police forces/military contracts..but soon you will see these get imported back to America...

Last edited:

MKEgal

getting slightly more off topic...

1) What's that white band on the receiver under "USA"?

2) Is it my imagination, or is the clearance / tolerance between receiver & slide lousy?
(Can't believe it's supposed to be that way...)
Look at the front inch or so, compared to the rest of the interface.

Just checked... one of mine is the same way, the other looks as I'd expect a well-engineered interface to look - even all the way along. Will have to ask the factory rep at next Monday's toy trial day @ Fletcher's.

Passive101

That is Glock "Pig Nose" and quite common. It doesn't effect the reliability of the firearm. Some people boil them and straighten it out if it bothers them. The loose tolerances with the glock is one of the primary reasons other then simplicity as to why they are so reliable. They are lose for the same reason Mossberg shotguns are looser then a Remington 870, and the same reason an AK47 is looser then an AR15. They still have to hold tolerances, but are designed to have more "wiggle" room.

The white band looks like a reflection of the flash or light since that area is beveled in :)

Last edited:

afterimages

Just checked... one of mine is the same way, the other looks as I'd expect a well-engineered interface to look - even all the way along. Will have to ask the factory rep at next Monday's toy trial day @ Fletcher's.

I thought Fletcher's was closed Mondays...

AaronS

2) Is it my imagination, or is the clearance / tolerance between receiver & slide lousy?
(Can't believe it's supposed to be that way...)
Look at the front inch or so, compared to the rest of the interface.

The spot you are looking at is the dust cover of the frame. Glock has frame lugs that the slide moves on, and none are in the dust cover area. The gun should fire just fine, but it could be a sign of production issues. It used to be, and I would only guess it still is, that every Glock is test fired before it leaves the plant.
I still do not like the gun, but it does work well for some.