• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

bad oc in green bay

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
That is Glock "Pig Nose" and quite common. It doesn't effect the reliability of the firearm. Some people boil them and straighten it out if it bothers them....
What bothers me is that boiling is an accepted gunsmithing method! In the picture it looks like if you boiled and straightened out the frame, that the fit would be even more sloppy, since right now the frame is pushing up on the slide. :eek:

Outdoorsman1

Wow... Thank goodness this thread did not get highjacked....

You guys know who you are.....:lol:

On Point....

As stated in another post, (for me), dealing with the curious and even the anti's has almost gotten routinue (although seems like less anti's lately), but dealing with someone(s) who are intoxicated is not something I have had to do or look forward to. Seem's like a no win situation to me...

Respond with calm factual answers, end the conversation quickley, saftely walk away at first opportunity (watching your back as you leave), ready to respond to more aggression if need be...

Or

Respond as MKEgal suggested with confidence, forcefull, face to face answers, with confident body language, etc.

Both seem appropriate and I would decide which way to go based on the need within the first few seconds of the intial contact...

Excellent OP as to give us all a chance to re-evaluate our "plan" in dealing with the public while open carrying.

Outdoorsman1

hardballer

I can tell you that one does not have to be in a Walmart to be accosted by a "crazy,drunk A-Hole" They are everywhere. Happened to me and BrokenSproket in a small, friendly town. Guy walks up to BrokenSproket and harasses him, I show up and this dud does a repeat. BrokenSproket and I grab a coffee and are about to head out when this fine, up standing citizen goes off on both of us again. Yelling at the top of his lungs. Nutters are all about and can approach at a moments notice. Best advice is to keep your cool but never take your eyes off the clown. Might be a clown on the surface and more deviant beneath... Never turn your back on them. Generally speaking, when asked "Why do you carry a gun" I respond with; "Because I can". Neat huh...?

Hardballer out.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Last edited:

Zeus

No offense to anyone's opinion but I have always wondered, what's the best purchase for America, buy from Mom and Pop stores who purchase a product "distributed" from within the USA but "made" in China, buy from Wal Mart made in China stuff, buy a product made in the USA by union labor that then takes their paycheck and sends it to Obama for his campaign or sends it to repay China? Should I buy an "American Made" car from Ford or Chevy (Chrysler is now owned by Fiat so it's not American), that is built from parts made in Mexico or China and assembled by union labor who ... (see above scenario) or by a Toyota made by Americans in Ohio or a Nissan made in Tennessee? Do you think US companies don't take the profits they get from us and build more plants in China and India and invest in foreign markets? I buy made in WI or MN if at all possible, and I love my True Value store here, but it really doesn't seem that big of a deal to me beyond that. My $.02

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
All excellent points, Zeus. And you didn't even mention microwaves, laptop or desktop computers, cell phones, televisions, and DVD players or hand tools, MDF, or plywood! Some days it seems like the only choices that are clear any more are locally owned restaurants & taverns vs all the chains and franchises.