I'm flying out to California next week to visit my family. I know OC is legal out there and I plan on carrying, but I do have a few questions. I will be in Shasta county in the Redding area. About the only thing I do know in Cali is that LEO's can stop you to check your firearm to make sure it is not loaded. So my questions are as follows:
1. Can I keep a loaded mag separate from the gun?
2. Are there any mag restrictions? More specifically amount of rounds.
2. Are there restrictions on carrying in certain areas/towns/cities etc...
3. Are hollow points legal?
4. How do you legally transport in a vehicle?
5. As a non California resident, how can I carry a non registered handgun since I don't have registration in my state?
Thanks in advance.
Contra Costa Open Carry on Facebook
2) Yes. Since you are not from here and you were not in possession of your magazines prior to the law limiting mags to ten rounds, you should leave all magazines with the capacity to hold more than 10 rounds at home.
2?) Depends. If you are speaking of UOC, yes, there are some places you can't go. School zones and gov buldings are no go.
3) Yes, hollow points are legal here.
4) Most transport their firearms in a secure locked case to avoid any drama. This is an exemption for concealed carry and the gun free school zones laws.
5) Id have to look that one up... I dont recall the specifics.
New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...
NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW
Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links