• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting Ranges near STL.

takon074

I tried a google search, but the results were... less than desirable.

I know there are a few conservation-run ranges, namely Busch wildlife, but those are either an hours drive from st charles or they close at 430 (busch).

There's gotta be some privately run ranges around st charles. I just can't find them.

takon074

Seems they only have ranges up to 25 yards, and they charge $20 an hour for range use... while busch has crappy hours thye only want $3 and have ranges out to 100yds.

I'm really lookin for an outdoors long distance place.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Seems they only have ranges up to 25 yards, and they charge $20 an hour for range use... while busch has crappy hours thye only want $3 and have ranges out to 100yds.

Up near Silex is Logan but only 75 yards deep.

Rifenscnider or something like that, hits the 100 mark, that is out off highway N in warren county about 30 mins from N and 40

Both are free but can be real busy.

Bench Rest is fantastic but members only so you would need to join, it is in Wright city.

thats the list except the one that is more or less only open sporadically in earth city aka bridgeton but it is hardly ever open except near deer season.

Other than that it is pretty much 25 yard pistol ranges indoors.

mspgunner

For "LONG RANGE" you want Bench Rest Rifle Club, up to 600 yards!
Google it for information. It's a world class facility.

DWCook

Activist Member
Just googled that range and holy cow that is a nice range! Not too shabby distance wise either for a good day of shooting. Might try and hit up this place!

Last edited:

takon074

Wow, 600 yards, farther then I'll ever hit in my mosin, but I DID want to try it at 200 :banana:

Thanks guys.

I've been to Logan, its good for rifles, bad for pistols unless you have your own stand.

Last edited: