• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Report - Lexington KY

Savage206

Just moved from Seattle, WA about 4 days ago. Been open carrying since the first day I got here. At first I was nervous but clearly KY is MUCH more comfortable and used to people open carrying than in the NorthWest. I have had a few double take looks at my hip and a few comments, but all have been positive.

1st Comment: Walking up to the ATM to get money, the guy in front of me turned around after he was done and was like "hey what are you carrying there?" FNP-9 9mm sir! He also mentioned that he liked my open carry holster! I have an OWB black leather blackhawk that I wear @ 3:00.

2nd Comment: Checking out @ Ace Hardware next to the Kroger off of Tates Creek, guy asked me if I wanted to sign up for an Ace Club Card, said yes since I am new to the area I probably should. As I was checking out the guy said" well I guess it didn't take you long to figure out our gun laws!!" :D

I love Kentucky! :monkey:monkey

-Savage

Last edited: