Thread: Fellowship and ammo test

Fellowship and ammo test

Absolutely no incidents, just a good day. Went to Paradise Sales, 2x Walmarts (second one was due to Will (neighbor and Ft Carson deviant) forgetting his ears) and then to Dragonman's to test the RWS 9mm 124gr. ball ammo I picked up on my infamous Walmart trip last week.

OK, this may very well be my goto range ammo. not as cheap as WWB but very clean and accurate (well, a cpl fliers but I admit it, I suck). It is also a hot load (1181 fps). Swiss made to European standards so your basic NATO load.

Decided to throw 2 mags (20 rnds) at a target at 10 yrds with my G26. Despite a cpl flyers I was quite pleased (sorry, the picture quality isn't good but will suffice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Colorado Springs-20110807-00034.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	6591

Name:	Colorado Springs-20110807-00032.jpg 
Views:	177 
ID:	6592

Shot 200 rounds of the RWS on this trip through the Glock 26 with no problems at all. Had a good time spent with Will shooting than stopping for a bite before going home. Good conversation, food and friends and range trip. Life doesn't get much better........
    Last edited by GvdM; 08-07-2011 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GvdM View Post
    ....well, a cpl fliers but I admit it, I suck....
    I'm sorry, but I can't see any fliers. That is some pretty darn good shooting! I can keep my shots inside a paper plate, but they tend to look like a shotgun spread. But hey, that is why I practice right? Keep up the good shooting.

P.S. If we are ever in a gunfight, I hope I am on your side!!!

I agree, that looks like decent grouping....hope you had a good time at DragonMan's as well as Paradise (it's my favorite gun store...).
    One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

Question

the RWS 9mm 124gr. ball ammo
    OK stupid question but what is RWS
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

Quote Originally Posted by RogueAussie View Post
    OK stupid question but what is RWS
    An ammo brand, made in Switzerland http://www.rws-usa.com/rws_sport_fmj.php/. It showed up at Walmart, reasonably priced ($12.97 box) and in 124 gr. which I like to shoot, so I decided to give it a try. I never heard of it before and so far am impressed......
    Last edited by GvdM; 08-07-2011 at 11:58 PM.

I can't even find 124gr at my local walmart. All they carry is 115. Usually Tula ,Federal, WWB. My choices suck to be honest.

Absolutely no incidents, just a good day. Went to Paradise Sales, 2x Walmarts (second one was due to Will (neighbor and Ft Carson deviant) forgetting his ears) and then to Dragonman's to test the RWS 9mm 124gr. ball ammo I picked up on my infamous Walmart trip last week.

OK, this may very well be my goto range ammo. not as cheap as WWB but very clean and accurate (well, a cpl fliers but I admit it, I suck). It is also a hot load (1181 fps). Swiss made to European standards so your basic NATO load.

Decided to throw 2 mags (20 rnds) at a target at 10 yrds with my G26. Despite a cpl flyers I was quite pleased (sorry, the picture quality isn't good but will suffice.

Name:	Colorado Springs-20110807-00034.jpg 
Views:	121 
ID:	6591

Name:	Colorado Springs-20110807-00032.jpg 
Views:	177 
ID:	6592

Shot 200 rounds of the RWS on this trip through the Glock 26 with no problems at all. Had a good time spent with Will shooting than stopping for a bite before going home. Good conversation, food and friends and range trip. Life doesn't get much better........
    Unless your fliers were off the target, that is good shooting. Cover it with your hand at 10 yards is the standard for PD shooting. 124g at just below 1200fps is NATO standard. For use only in guns that can handle +P rounds, which your gun is fine with. I use +P+ 124g HSTs @ 1300fps for carry in my Hi-Powers, but don't shoot it much. The Swiss certainly know guns
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V