• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

S.E. Idaho O.C. Report 8-7-2011

jimd_21

Well the G.F. worked my butt off this morning and decided to clean up and go shopping this afternoon. So we took a break and cleaned up and headed north to Idaho Falls.

We hit Sportsmans Warehouse... not one issue what so ever.

Next was Bed Bath and Beyond.... Still no issue.

Then it was TJ Max.... again still no issue.

A few stops at gas stations and friends places on the way home and still no issue.

All together was a good day except for the sweaty work this morning.... starting to dislike the heat... lol.

DWCook

Activist Member
I remember Idaho weather and life up there! Used to be stationed up there for the Air Force. It took me a while to get used to the life style of living in "Mountain Home" and having to drive quite a bit to get anywhere fun. But as far as shooting goes.....its awesome considering I never had issues of where we couldn't shoot at all.

jimd_21

^^ yeah idaho is great for open areas to shoot and target practice without having to pay fee's or memberships. All it takes is some gas and some self made targets and the want to go out and shoot.

DWCook

Activist Member
^^ yeah idaho is great for open areas to shoot and target practice without having to pay fee's or memberships. All it takes is some gas and some self made targets and the want to go out and shoot.

Exactly! I do miss good old Idaho considering "Snake River" and the camping grounds that are there! Great place for weekend camping and relaxing. Plus most of the folks there are open minded on firearms! Since it is pretty much a "Gun-lover" state!

DocWalker

Exactly! I do miss good old Idaho considering "Snake River" and the camping grounds that are there! Great place for weekend camping and relaxing. Plus most of the folks there are open minded on firearms! Since it is pretty much a "Gun-lover" state!

Yes we are; the best part about living in Mountain Home is that I can drive a mile or two in any direction from my house and you are at one of several areas set up for shooting. We have the USAF gravel pit off of Bruno Highway (about 10 miles) but it is set up for trap-shotgun on the left, Rifle-long guns straight ahead complete with distances marked at 100, 200, 300, 500 yards, and to the right is an area for pistols and 22's.

We even had a day off (winter sports day) the USAF gives off as long as you are doing some sport outside like snow mobiling, skiing, or shooting. We started shooting one year with 10-12 guys and three years later we had about 40 guys joining us. It was crazy fun.

jimd_21

9/2/2011

Well after work decided to take the GF to wal-mart and pick up a few necessities and have dinner at the Golden China restaurant. Everything was normal until we went and paid for our dinner, Our waitress was ringing up the tab and said..

Her "Wow i didn't know you had a gun until now"
Me "yeah your n....." she interrupted I was going to say "your not very observant" in a playful tone but...
Her "That must be fun, do you need a permit?"
Me "No not when its out in the open and visible, when it's hidden you need a permit"
Her "Cool have a nice day"
Me "you too"

She was maybe 18 or 19. When we got to the car the GF said that the guy tending the buffet and bringing out new dishes noticed and she watched him trying to check it out and giving had an almost her words here " a look off approval and way to go man expression on his face. He was probably around the same age as the waitress.

Carry on......

silver

Very nice. Wish my GF saw those sorts of expressions rather than telling me everyone is scared of me!