Thread: Martial Law Quartzite, Arizona!!!?!?!?

Angry Martial Law Quartzite, Arizona!!!?!?!?

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON IN QUARTZITE!?!?! It appears the mayor has been ousted so the chief of police is now in charge.

This woman had the floor and was exposing some local corruption when the city kidnapped her and hauled her off...
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Mayor Delcares a meeting to be illegal and straight up walks away from the meeting! I LOVE THIS MAN!

“The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”

I don't know but can't the Mayor fire this man?

as far as I've heard the mayor has been removed by the chief of police.

Accomplished Advocate
    Quartzite appears to be a city where the council is the power base and the mayor is just responsible for a few things. Dallas TX is much the same way.

Why 2 threads on this?

You folks do know that this town also has another issue concerning seizure of guns here
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Banned
    I liked seeing the black stripe on those badges, there should be 3 more.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    I liked seeing the black stripe on those badges, there should be 3 more.
    Come on now - you are familiar with the rules, particularly rule #6.
    Yes, even innuendo is considered a violation.
    Frankly, I am disappointed in your assertion, considering your "time in grade" and experience here.

We do NOT advocate harm to others; we DO operate within the rule of law.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    I'll try to watch my comments, as per the rules, but mark my words, this type of thing from the . gov and its forces will continue to escalate unchecked, until the people decide to take it down. We have a couple decades worth of proof that doing things by the book just makes people feel like they are doing something to help the system, while the system continues to degrade.

I'll try to watch my comments, as per the rules, but mark my words, this type of thing from the . gov and its forces will continue to escalate unchecked, until the people decide to take it down. We have a couple decades worth of proof that doing things by the book just makes people feel like they are doing something to help the system, while the system continues to degrade.
    Appreciate it, I really do.

Often personal opinions must be held in abeyance if they do not fit the narrow constraints found here.

My observations are that we are winning - making positive progress and doing so via legal means. Maintaining the focus and momentum is the challenge.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Banned
    Although narrow, I appreciate the latitude I have been afforded here.

I see these types of things increasing in frequency and intensity at an alarming rate. On one hand, I see fewer people getting harassed for OC, but then I see things like the Ohio renegade cop who just gets put on sick pay, or people being arrested for dancing at the Jefferson memorial, to illegal searches for "fruit" or being denied entrance to states. Its a disturbing and heartbreaking trend, the writing is on the wall. I see history repeating itself all over our country and Im not even an expert on history.

Although narrow, I appreciate the latitude I have been afforded here.

I see these types of things increasing in frequency and intensity at an alarming rate. On one hand, I see fewer people getting harassed for OC, but then I see things like the Ohio renegade cop who just gets put on sick pay, or people being arrested for dancing at the Jefferson memorial, to illegal searches for "fruit" or being denied entrance to states. Its a disturbing and heartbreaking trend, the writing is on the wall. I see history repeating itself all over our country and Im not even an expert on history.
    Never lose your fervor, your passion for what is just and right....

Banned
    You too.

Are you two going to make out now?

Banned
    Yeah, we're done for now.

Post Non Firearms

Quote Originally Posted by okboomer View Post
    Why 2 threads on this?

You folks do know that this town also has another issue concerning seizure of guns here
    Because Schlitz wrote here without the firearms topic.

I've been reading and watching Quartzsite since from winter 2010.

The Mayor, Timeline and Blogs with news.

Help yourself from YouTube is goes far back to 2010.

I finally figure is out the man with a white cap who's provoked Mr. Roth at the meeting when polices arresting the wrong man. His name is citizen Mike Jewitt, (@:38 seated by the table on right side of hall) he was also illegal inside the Town Hall during a illegally state of emergency and he is now a non-elected councilman member was appointed to fill the council vacancy left by Jose Lizarraga is running for Mayor. Jose is being investigated for open meeting violations and is directly responsible (by his vote) for current public safety issues with the police department.

Michael Roth, La Paz County’s Republican Precinct Chairman, has never been charged with a violent offense.

Up coming Mayoral recall election is on August 30 for Mr. Foster, Mrs. Jones, Mr. Roth and Jose. (Jones and Foster nominated Roth, Roth nominated Jones)
    Last edited by Wc; 08-14-2011 at 11:57 PM.

I recently found a new blog to follow, and the author gives a good description of the background that has led up to the current state of affairs in Quartzsite.

http://sincerelykellyjames.wordpress...ennifer-jones/

Quartzite, Arizona, ah, what memories.

I tell people I spent a month there one week and I was only there three days.

When it is over 125 in the daytime and doesn't get below 100 until after midnight, it is a bit wearing on a person.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON IN QUARTZITE!?!?! It appears the mayor has been ousted so the chief of police is now in charge.
    The mayor should have told the Sgt: "You're fired." He should have told the other officer, "You're fired." He should have told the chief of police, "You're fired." Then they would have had no authority to arrest and remove the woman.

Unfortunately, many mayors no longer have that authority.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    My observations are that we are winning - making positive progress and doing so via legal means. Maintaining the focus and momentum is the challenge.
    Agreed. The key to winning is to keep all activities, including town counsel meetings, above board and VIDEOTAPED for public view. Ensuring citizens are present at the meetings is very important, as well.

One thing that's vital to our own 2A efforts is to ensure our comments portray us as the calm, reasonable, rational, law-abiding citizens we are. When someone crosses the line and makes comments calling or event hinting at an illegal action, it reflects negatively on all of us, and hinders both the progress we have made, and will hopefully continue to make concerning the right to keep and bear arms in an manner that's not infringed.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Agreed. The key to winning is to keep all activities, including town counsel meetings, above board and VIDEOTAPED for public view. Ensuring citizens are present at the meetings is very important, as well.

One thing that's vital to our own 2A efforts is to ensure our comments portray us as the calm, reasonable, rational, law-abiding citizens we are. When someone crosses the line and makes comments calling or event hinting at an illegal action, it reflects negatively on all of us, and hinders both the progress we have made, and will hopefully continue to make concerning the right to keep and bear arms in an manner that's not infringed.
    Yep, it's called "accountability."

It should be both a legal and moral responsibility.

This is a very odd town... it has a very small native, permanent population but in the winter months it's population swells to over 150,000... mostly motor homes, inhabited by snow birds. It is also a major traffic corridor for illegal aliens and drugs from mexico heading north to Nevada and all points north and east. I don't know how this can be tied to the bizarre behavior of these public officials, but there is something about this place that I've always found a little creepy. I have family in Yuma and occasionally drive from Vegas to visit them, and as much as I tend to need to take a break to stretch my legs I try not to stop in this jerkwater town.
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com