• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Martial Law Quartzite, Arizona!!!?!?!?

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON IN QUARTZITE!?!?! It appears the mayor has been ousted so the chief of police is now in charge.

[video=youtube;YPY3BIsVQq8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPY3BIsVQq8[/video]

This woman had the floor and was exposing some local corruption when the city kidnapped her and hauled her off...

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Mayor Delcares a meeting to be illegal and straight up walks away from the meeting! I LOVE THIS MAN!

[video=youtube;bDRLvigbCAQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDRLvigbCAQ[/video]

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
as far as I've heard the mayor has been removed by the chief of police.

DKSuddeth

Accomplished Advocate
Quartzite appears to be a city where the council is the power base and the mayor is just responsible for a few things. Dallas TX is much the same way.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I liked seeing the black stripe on those badges, there should be 3 more.

Come on now - you are familiar with the rules, particularly rule #6.
Yes, even innuendo is considered a violation.
Frankly, I am disappointed in your assertion, considering your "time in grade" and experience here.

We do NOT advocate harm to others; we DO operate within the rule of law.

stainless1911

Banned
I'll try to watch my comments, as per the rules, but mark my words, this type of thing from the . gov and its forces will continue to escalate unchecked, until the people decide to take it down. We have a couple decades worth of proof that doing things by the book just makes people feel like they are doing something to help the system, while the system continues to degrade.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'll try to watch my comments, as per the rules, but mark my words, this type of thing from the . gov and its forces will continue to escalate unchecked, until the people decide to take it down. We have a couple decades worth of proof that doing things by the book just makes people feel like they are doing something to help the system, while the system continues to degrade.

Appreciate it, I really do.

Often personal opinions must be held in abeyance if they do not fit the narrow constraints found here.

My observations are that we are winning - making positive progress and doing so via legal means. Maintaining the focus and momentum is the challenge.

stainless1911

Banned
Although narrow, I appreciate the latitude I have been afforded here.

I see these types of things increasing in frequency and intensity at an alarming rate. On one hand, I see fewer people getting harassed for OC, but then I see things like the Ohio renegade cop who just gets put on sick pay, or people being arrested for dancing at the Jefferson memorial, to illegal searches for "fruit" or being denied entrance to states. Its a disturbing and heartbreaking trend, the writing is on the wall. I see history repeating itself all over our country and Im not even an expert on history.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Although narrow, I appreciate the latitude I have been afforded here.

I see these types of things increasing in frequency and intensity at an alarming rate. On one hand, I see fewer people getting harassed for OC, but then I see things like the Ohio renegade cop who just gets put on sick pay, or people being arrested for dancing at the Jefferson memorial, to illegal searches for "fruit" or being denied entrance to states. Its a disturbing and heartbreaking trend, the writing is on the wall. I see history repeating itself all over our country and Im not even an expert on history.

Never lose your fervor, your passion for what is just and right....
icon14.png

Wc

Non Firearms

Why 2 threads on this?

You folks do know that this town also has another issue concerning seizure of guns here

Because Schlitz wrote here without the firearms topic.

I've been reading and watching Quartzsite since from winter 2010.

The Mayor, Timeline and Blogs with news.

Help yourself from YouTube is goes far back to 2010.

I finally figure is out the man with a white cap who's provoked Mr. Roth at the meeting when polices arresting the wrong man. His name is citizen Mike Jewitt, (@:38 seated by the table on right side of hall) he was also illegal inside the Town Hall during a illegally state of emergency and he is now a non-elected councilman member was appointed to fill the council vacancy left by Jose Lizarraga is running for Mayor. Jose is being investigated for open meeting violations and is directly responsible (by his vote) for current public safety issues with the police department.

Michael Roth, La Paz County’s Republican Precinct Chairman, has never been charged with a violent offense.

Up coming Mayoral recall election is on August 30 for Mr. Foster, Mrs. Jones, Mr. Roth and Jose. (Jones and Foster nominated Roth, Roth nominated Jones)

Last edited:

OldCurlyWolf

Quartzite, Arizona, ah, what memories.

I tell people I spent a month there one week and I was only there three days.

When it is over 125 in the daytime and doesn't get below 100 until after midnight, it is a bit wearing on a person.:cuss:

since9

Campaign Veteran
WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON IN QUARTZITE!?!?! It appears the mayor has been ousted so the chief of police is now in charge.

The mayor should have told the Sgt: "You're fired." He should have told the other officer, "You're fired." He should have told the chief of police, "You're fired." Then they would have had no authority to arrest and remove the woman.

Unfortunately, many mayors no longer have that authority.

since9

Campaign Veteran
My observations are that we are winning - making positive progress and doing so via legal means. Maintaining the focus and momentum is the challenge.

Agreed. The key to winning is to keep all activities, including town counsel meetings, above board and VIDEOTAPED for public view. Ensuring citizens are present at the meetings is very important, as well.

One thing that's vital to our own 2A efforts is to ensure our comments portray us as the calm, reasonable, rational, law-abiding citizens we are. When someone crosses the line and makes comments calling or event hinting at an illegal action, it reflects negatively on all of us, and hinders both the progress we have made, and will hopefully continue to make concerning the right to keep and bear arms in an manner that's not infringed.