Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Printing?

Printing?

If my question is not acceptable, please refer me to some good CC forums.

Since there is no prohibition on printing is WI law, could they prohibit it in the future? I don't think so, because we a are Constitutional Open Carry state.

I don't know because I have not researched it, but I would think that states that prohibit printing, are not open carry states, or atleast statutory open carry, not Constitutional Open Carry.

How could they prohibit printing if open carry is legal? Do any states do this?

My questions should be OK cuz it is related to Open Carry.

I don't know, I just had 500 business cards made up with no issues?

If they prohibit printing how are we going to order take-out with no menu?

"Hello? Hello? I want a number 6, no a number 14... wait, whatsa General Tao Chicken again???"
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Would a printing law apply only to newspapers and things to those effect, or also photo printing labs?
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post

Since there is no prohibition on printing is WI law, could they prohibit it in the future? I don't think so, because we a are Constitutional Open Carry state.

I don't know because I have not researched it, but I would think that states that prohibit printing, are not open carry states, or atleast statutory open carry, not Constitutional Open Carry.

First, I can't speak for the forum owners, but I feel any gun/carry/law question is just fine by me. I don't think you can ask a bad gun/carry/law question on this forum.

Now I'm no Paul Fisher, and have done next to no reading on it, but I think Texas is a 100% no print state, and no open carry...
    It's nice that we will have a some choice soon.
    Oh and the could the CCW right get screwed up in the future, well the answer is a big YES. Any law, or even right can be changed or taken away, if we don't keep an eye on our elected peps. Nice to know we do have lots of members to lend them eyes.
    Lots of open eyes = hard to screw us again.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    And here I thought this was going to be a thread on the Federal Reserve............*slowly backs out of the thread*
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

I believe FL makes printing illegal. Of course, oc is illegal as well.

To answer your question
    could they prohibit it in the future
    sure. They would have to pass a law.

Today it is legal because oc is legal. On 11/1 it would be legal because 175.60(2)(c) would apply which says
    Unless expressly provided in this section, this section does not limit an individual’s right to carry a firearm that is not concealed.
    So.... They would have to define printing, repeal 175.60(2)(c) and then do more stuff but it is possible. Would it stand up to court scrutiny? We would have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    I believe FL makes printing illegal. Of course, oc is illegal as well.
    Printing is not illegal in FL. Our law says that concealed is "removed from ordinary sight."
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    Printing is not illegal in FL. Our law says that concealed is "removed from ordinary sight."
    That's why I only wear underwear on the weekends, if printing is not illegal who cares???
    Attachment 6606 Smoke 'em, if ya got 'em...and NO it is not his FAULT
    Last edited by Lurchiron; 08-08-2011 at 09:38 PM.
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Printing?

This is printing...

It's perfectly legal even in places where bared, visible breasts aren't.

It may be Discernible, but it's not Visible.
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 08-08-2011 at 10:42 PM.

1. It's not the 'illegality' or 'legality' of printing or OC;

2. If you look like a scumbag and you're standing in line at the bank and I'm a cop and you're printing, I'm pulling you to the side and running you. If you're printing and I'm a 'concerned citizen', I'm calling you in as a MWAG.

3. Strictly speaking, it's a type of 'pile on' charge. If you print slightly, most LEOs will say 'you're showing. Cover it up. May I see your permit' and so on.

So...you may or may not print, be discernible, be legal or illegal (depending on the LEO). IF you do (print, OC) then carry a tape recorder and have it turned on the entire time you are carrying. Then you can disprove MWAG or 'brandishing' allegations (rare but not negligible).

HTH
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    Printing?

This is printing...

It's perfectly legal even in places where bared, visible breasts aren't.

It may be Discernible, but it's not Visible.
    that is a good example of printing as this is another example.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post

2. If you look like a scumbag and you're standing in line at the bank and I'm a cop and you're printing, I'm pulling you to the side and running you. If you're printing and I'm a 'concerned citizen', I'm calling you in as a MWAG.

3. Strictly speaking, it's a type of 'pile on' charge. If you print slightly, most LEOs will say 'you're showing. Cover it up. May I see your permit' and so on.

So...you may or may not print, be discernible, be legal or illegal (depending on the LEO). IF you do (print, OC) then carry a tape recorder and have it turned on the entire time you are carrying. Then you can disprove MWAG or 'brandishing' allegations (rare but not negligible).

HTH
    This makes less sense to me than all the posts that did not even try to answer my question. You have no clue what Wisconsin law is.

HTH
    You have no clue what Wisconsin law is.
    +10

What a ridiculous post!
    IF YOU WERE A COP YOU WOULD BE VIOLATING THE 4TH AMENDMENT! If someone is driving a car would you stop them and run a check for warrants with out probable cause!?!?!?
    Last edited by CCW412; 08-09-2011 at 12:36 AM.

HTH
    I am not so sure you do live in the same state, but in Wisconsin, we OPEN carry. We do not, nor will we after Nov. 1, have any printing laws.
    "Printing" as it looks to be called, is a non-issue in Wisconsin when you have the permit.

This makes less sense to me than all the posts that did not even try to answer my question. You have no clue what Wisconsin law is.
    How can we answer? We can't even get consensus on the bits of CC we have written down for us in black and white, translated by Paul, double checked by protias, seconded by MLKgrl, then Faq-ed by the DOJ...

And why do the emoticons look like they were drawn by a drunk? Not that there is anything wrong with that.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 08-09-2011 at 02:35 AM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    How can we answer? We can't even get consensus on the bits of CC we have written down for us in black and white, translated by Paul, double checked by protious, seconded by MLKgrl, then Faq-ed by the DOJ...
    Please don't get me wrong, I enjoyed to humor and the pic's. That comment was for BadgerJohnson who clearly does not understand the laws in Wisconsin.

I started this post after trying out two different types of concealment holsters. I was getting frusterated that I was not achieving perfect concealment and started to wonder if it was worth it trying to acheive it. I was wondering if there are any states that prohibit printing that I would ever be able to carry concealed in. Then I started to think that I would not be able to carry concealed if printing is prohibited.

Then I started to think that printing could never be prohibited in Wisconsin because we are a Constitutional Open Carry state. How could printing be prohibited if open carry is legal. Like the point Fallschirmjäger was making. If it were legal for women to go topless, how could a women going braless with a shirt on be prohibited?

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........women to go topless, .................................................. ...........................women going braless........................................... ....................................

Sorry. lost my train of thought for a second.

How could printing be prohibited if open carry is legal.
    Please don't give 'em any ideas.

Look! Boobies!

Last edited by HandyHamlet; 08-09-2011 at 02:33 AM.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

And blue footed at that!!! Ow ow!!! Lol.
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Please don't get me wrong, I enjoyed to humor and the pic's. That comment was for BadgerJohnson who clearly does not understand the laws in Wisconsin.

I started this post after trying out two different types of concealment holsters. I was getting frusterated that I was not achieving perfect concealment and started to wonder if it was worth it trying to acheive it. I was wondering if there are any states that prohibit printing that I would ever be able to carry concealed in. Then I started to think that I would not be able to carry concealed if printing is prohibited.

Then I started to think that printing could never be prohibited in Wisconsin because we are a Constitutional Open Carry state. How could printing be prohibited if open carry is legal. Like the point Fallschirmjäger was making. If it were legal for women to go topless, how could a women going braless with a shirt on be prohibited?

I had the same problem... Or so I thought. When I took my trip to Iowa, I used a Kholster iwb. (Smith and wesson sigma.) I tried a few different shirts. I didn't feel that anything was concealing the grip properly. But then it hit me, I knew I had a gun, and exactly where it was. I would look right in the spot, and I could see it. I thought that everyone else would/could see it.
    We went to the mall, and I chose to cc, I figured they were posted.(Signs don't mean anything there anyway.) But, to be on the safe side I put my shirt over it. Plenty of mall cops around. Even had one seem to follow us for a bit, he was just going into one of the security offices. Walked around for quite a while, and no one said a single word. Either no one noticed, or no one cared.
    Holster up at home once and have a friend guess if you are carrying. Chances are, they won't be able to tell. Hope this helps. :-)
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Look! Boobies!
    ALRIGHT!!!!!

That's not what I was expecting. :frown:
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 08-09-2011 at 03:30 AM.

Kidding??

Sounds anti to me heh

What if I work construction and i am making my 3,000 bi weekly depost and i have work clothes on should i get a suit and tie and shower as well?

The only pile on issue is with the heap of dung piling up on the ground

HTH
    Last edited by Packfanatic; 08-09-2011 at 05:06 AM.

I'm surprised at the reaction to my post. This may not be the LAW but it's what HAPPENS. You go wear a tight t-shirt over a handgun in a bank and see if a LEO doesn't violate your 4th amendment rights or a citizen doesn't call it in. It happens ALL THE TIME.
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    I'm surprised at the reaction to my post. This may not be the LAW but it's what HAPPENS. You go wear a tight t-shirt over a handgun in a bank and see if a LEO doesn't violate your 4th amendment rights or a citizen doesn't call it in. It happens ALL THE TIME.
    Your location says, "USA", but your description sounds more like... Bosnia? What area of the world are you familiar with where this happens "ALL THE TIME"? And do a lot of people there wear tight t-shirts over a hand gun? Let's see, there is a name for this type of statement... help me out here... having a senior moment... oh ya, ... RIDICULOUS!
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Well OBVIOUSLY he will today, that is a concealed (badly concealed) weapon and is illegal today.

I have gone to the bank open carrying and filthy from head to toe (I used to work on cars for a living) and no one cared.

Have you EVER open carried or are you just theorizing?

One more thing:

Extra-legal harassment prohibited ss66.0409(6) (Act 35 Section 21)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast