• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Printing?

Packfanatic

Kidding??

Sounds anti to me heh

1. It's not the 'illegality' or 'legality' of printing or OC;

2. If you look like a scumbag and you're standing in line at the bank and I'm a cop and you're printing, I'm pulling you to the side and running you. If you're printing and I'm a 'concerned citizen', I'm calling you in as a MWAG.

What if I work construction and i am making my 3,000 bi weekly depost and i have work clothes on should i get a suit and tie and shower as well?

3. Strictly speaking, it's a type of 'pile on' charge. If you print slightly, most LEOs will say 'you're showing. Cover it up. May I see your permit' and so on.

The only pile on issue is with the heap of dung piling up on the ground

So...you may or may not print, be discernible, be legal or illegal (depending on the LEO). IF you do (print, OC) then carry a tape recorder and have it turned on the entire time you are carrying. Then you can disprove MWAG or 'brandishing' allegations (rare but not negligible).

HTH

Last edited:

Badger Johnson

I'm surprised at the reaction to my post. This may not be the LAW but it's what HAPPENS. You go wear a tight t-shirt over a handgun in a bank and see if a LEO doesn't violate your 4th amendment rights or a citizen doesn't call it in. It happens ALL THE TIME.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
I'm surprised at the reaction to my post. This may not be the LAW but it's what HAPPENS. You go wear a tight t-shirt over a handgun in a bank and see if a LEO doesn't violate your 4th amendment rights or a citizen doesn't call it in. It happens ALL THE TIME.
Your location says, "USA", but your description sounds more like... Bosnia? What area of the world are you familiar with where this happens "ALL THE TIME"? And do a lot of people there wear tight t-shirts over a hand gun? :question: Let's see, there is a name for this type of statement... help me out here... having a senior moment... oh ya, ... RIDICULOUS! :monkey

paul@paul-fisher.com

Well OBVIOUSLY he will today, that is a concealed (badly concealed) weapon and is illegal today.

I have gone to the bank open carrying and filthy from head to toe (I used to work on cars for a living) and no one cared.

Have you EVER open carried or are you just theorizing?

paul@paul-fisher.com

One more thing:

[h=1]Extra-legal harassment prohibited ss66.0409(6) (Act 35 Section 21)[/h]

M

McX

i will undoubtedly print, pattern, only partially, or poorly conceal. if they have a problem with it, i will offer for them to talk to WisconsinCarry about it.

Printing?

This is printing...
Alyssa_Shopping_pokies.jpg

It's perfectly legal even in places where bared, visible breasts aren't.

It may be Discernible, but it's not Visible.

Is that a 44 Magnum that is printing?

i will undoubtedly print, pattern, only partially, or poorly conceal. if they have a problem with it, i will offer for them to talk to WisconsinCarry about it.

But it will undoubtedly cause the antis to pee in their panties, so what let them wear Depends.

By the way love your Avatar. I have one of those fire breathing dragons that I carry sometimes.

M

McX

But it will undoubtedly cause the antis to pee in their panties, so what let them wear Depends.

By the way love your Avatar. I have one of those fire breathing dragons that I carry sometimes.

Yeesssssssssssssssssssss, dont leave home without it! Better than boobies!

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Guys, badger isn't that far off. She is simply saying what may happen if you are printing. She also gave one of the first serious answers to this thread. Just do a search for police encounters on the forum and there are plenty of examples of what she is talking about. It may not happen all the time but police will violate your rights, and they seem to pull "probable cause" out of thin air at times. If you give police a reason (even a made-up reason) to stop you they will. As for the printing issue, I don't know the answer for WI. For those of you giving answers how about some cites?

Fallschirjmäger

Why would you be surprised that a post which says that law enforcement officers will operate according to their own wishes rather than according to the law gets a negative reaction?
If you posted that people would do whatever they wanted to regardless of the law, I suspect it would garner the same reaction.

AaronS

Come Nov. 1st, I will be happy to show you how wrong you are.
Oh, and asking to see your CCW card is not a violation of any law. Infact it is part of our new law. We have to show it when asked (by LEO).

I'm going to have to guess that you do not open carry at all?

paul@paul-fisher.com

...As for the printing issue, I don't know the answer for WI. For those of you giving answers how about some cites?

That is the thing, we can't quote stuff that doesn't exist. Since WI is an open carry state, printing isn't defined.

The new law (effective 11/1/11), however, says

175.60(2)(c) would apply which says
Unless expressly provided in this section, this section does not limit an individual’s right to carry a firearm that is not concealed.

Interceptor_Knight

1. It's not the 'illegality' or 'legality' of printing or OC;

2. If you look like a scumbag and you're standing in line at the bank and I'm a cop and you're printing, I'm pulling you to the side and running you. If you're printing and I'm a 'concerned citizen', I'm calling you in as a MWAG.

3. Strictly speaking, it's a type of 'pile on' charge. If you print slightly, most LEOs will say 'you're showing. Cover it up. May I see your permit' and so on.

So...you may or may not print, be discernible, be legal or illegal (depending on the LEO). IF you do (print, OC) then carry a tape recorder and have it turned on the entire time you are carrying. Then you can disprove MWAG or 'brandishing' allegations (rare but not negligible).

HTH

Your post is obviously in reference to current WI Statutes and the ambiguity which currently exists. Your posts are also ignoring Act 35. There simply is no valid "charge" to "pile on" as zero Statutes are violated by printing. A LEO does not have the authority to proclaim you "legal" or "illegal" regarding printing as it is irrefutably 100% legal. You may legitimately tell a LEO "Thanks but no thanks" if they suggest you "cover up".
I suggest that you read through the complete text in addition to the Wisconsin Legislative Council Memo which explains that
a person may not be in violation of, or charged with a violation of, the disorderly conduct statute or an ordinance relating to disorderly conduct for loading, carrying, or going armed with a firearm, without regard to whether the firearm is loaded or is concealed or openly carried unless other facts and circumstances apply that indicate a criminal or malicious intent on the part of the person.
Beginning November 1st and once you possess a permit to carry recognized by WI, you are legally free to print with no threat of prosecution. This is not to say that there will be zero incidents of ignorant LEO citations being issued but these will be few and will quickly come to an end once reality sets in and the DAs slap them along side the head for issuing them. You simply may not be cited for brandishing if your handgun never leaves your holster or for the act of loading or unloading your handgun which includes transfer to and from the holster and case. You may not be cited for disorderly conduct unless you engage in conduct which is otherwise disorderly in addition to printing or otherwise carrying openly or concealed.
The portion of your post regarding MWAG calls and LEOs asking for your permit for printing has merit. If you print you can expect to be confronted and questioned by LEOs to verify you have a permit. We can reasonably expect that there will be MWAG calls until the timid public becomes acclimated to carry and then they will taper off but my never end altogether.

AaronS

Guys, badger isn't that far off. She is simply saying what may happen if you are printing. She also gave one of the first serious answers to this thread. Just do a search for police encounters on the forum and there are plenty of examples of what she is talking about. It may not happen all the time but police will violate your rights, and they seem to pull "probable cause" out of thin air at times. If you give police a reason (even a made-up reason) to stop you they will. As for the printing issue, I don't know the answer for WI. For those of you giving answers how about some cites?

Hard to give you cites for a law that is not on our books...
Again (and again) Wisconsin is an Open Carry State... If I have no issue with open carry, why would "printing" be any more of an issue?

santana

Hard to give you cites for a law that is not on our books...
Again (and again) Wisconsin is an Open Carry State... If I have no issue with open carry, why would "printing" be any more of an issue?

You are absolutely correct. It seems alot of posters waste bandwith on scenarios that are not worth worrying about.

Interceptor_Knight

.. As for the printing issue, I don't know the answer for WI. For those of you giving answers how about some cites?
I do know the answer for WI because I have actually read Act 35 before posting... :cool:
WI has a State Preemption Statute regarding firearms laws with the exception of discharge. Any ordinances on the books of municipalities regarding the carry of firearms is irrefutably invalid. They may not prosecute for brandishing (carrying in a threatening manner, etc..) for the simple act of carrying a firearm openly or concealed or loading or unloading regardless if you are printing or not and regardless if you "scare" people.

Interceptor_Knight

Again (and again) Wisconsin is an Open Carry State...
With the implementation of Act 35 we are finally an Open Carry State. We liked to believe that we were up to this point but the ambiguity which allowed us to carry also allowed some level of harassment by LEOs. It is now explicitly legal to carry openly and explicitly not disorderly conduct for doing so.

theoicarry

Please don't get me wrong, I enjoyed to humor and the pic's. That comment was for BadgerJohnson who clearly does not understand the laws in Wisconsin.

I started this post after trying out two different types of concealment holsters. I was getting frusterated that I was not achieving perfect concealment and started to wonder if it was worth it trying to acheive it. I was wondering if there are any states that prohibit printing that I would ever be able to carry concealed in. Then I started to think that I would not be able to carry concealed if printing is prohibited.

Then I started to think that printing could never be prohibited in Wisconsin because we are a Constitutional Open Carry state. How could printing be prohibited if open carry is legal. Like the point Fallschirmjäger was making. If it were legal for women to go topless, how could a women going braless with a shirt on be prohibited?

Actually BadgerJohnson knows exactly what she is talking about!
My Opinion