• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Printing?

BROKENSPROKET

If my question is not acceptable, please refer me to some good CC forums.

Since there is no prohibition on printing is WI law, could they prohibit it in the future? I don't think so, because we a are Constitutional Open Carry state.

I don't know because I have not researched it, but I would think that states that prohibit printing, are not open carry states, or atleast statutory open carry, not Constitutional Open Carry.

How could they prohibit printing if open carry is legal? Do any states do this?

My questions should be OK cuz it is related to Open Carry.

HandyHamlet

I don't know, I just had 500 business cards made up with no issues?

If they prohibit printing how are we going to order take-out with no menu?

"Hello? Hello? I want a number 6, no a number 14... wait, whatsa General Tao Chicken again???"

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Would a printing law apply only to newspapers and things to those effect, or also photo printing labs?

AaronS

Since there is no prohibition on printing is WI law, could they prohibit it in the future? I don't think so, because we a are Constitutional Open Carry state.

I don't know because I have not researched it, but I would think that states that prohibit printing, are not open carry states, or atleast statutory open carry, not Constitutional Open Carry.

First, I can't speak for the forum owners, but I feel any gun/carry/law question is just fine by me. I don't think you can ask a bad gun/carry/law question on this forum.

Now I'm no Paul Fisher, and have done next to no reading on it, but I think Texas is a 100% no print state, and no open carry...
It's nice that we will have a some choice soon.
Oh and the could the CCW right get screwed up in the future, well the answer is a big YES. Any law, or even right can be changed or taken away, if we don't keep an eye on our elected peps. Nice to know we do have lots of members to lend them eyes.
Lots of open eyes = hard to screw us again.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I believe FL makes printing illegal. Of course, oc is illegal as well.

To answer your question
could they prohibit it in the future
sure. They would have to pass a law.

Today it is legal because oc is legal. On 11/1 it would be legal because 175.60(2)(c) would apply which says
Unless expressly provided in this section, this section does not limit an individual’s right to carry a firearm that is not concealed.

So.... They would have to define printing, repeal 175.60(2)(c) and then do more stuff but it is possible. Would it stand up to court scrutiny? We would have to see.

Fallschirjmäger

Printing?

This is printing...
Alyssa_Shopping_pokies.jpg

It's perfectly legal even in places where bared, visible breasts aren't.

It may be Discernible, but it's not Visible.

Last edited:

Badger Johnson

1. It's not the 'illegality' or 'legality' of printing or OC;

2. If you look like a scumbag and you're standing in line at the bank and I'm a cop and you're printing, I'm pulling you to the side and running you. If you're printing and I'm a 'concerned citizen', I'm calling you in as a MWAG.

3. Strictly speaking, it's a type of 'pile on' charge. If you print slightly, most LEOs will say 'you're showing. Cover it up. May I see your permit' and so on.

So...you may or may not print, be discernible, be legal or illegal (depending on the LEO). IF you do (print, OC) then carry a tape recorder and have it turned on the entire time you are carrying. Then you can disprove MWAG or 'brandishing' allegations (rare but not negligible).

HTH

BROKENSPROKET

2. If you look like a scumbag and you're standing in line at the bank and I'm a cop and you're printing, I'm pulling you to the side and running you. If you're printing and I'm a 'concerned citizen', I'm calling you in as a MWAG.

3. Strictly speaking, it's a type of 'pile on' charge. If you print slightly, most LEOs will say 'you're showing. Cover it up. May I see your permit' and so on.

So...you may or may not print, be discernible, be legal or illegal (depending on the LEO). IF you do (print, OC) then carry a tape recorder and have it turned on the entire time you are carrying. Then you can disprove MWAG or 'brandishing' allegations (rare but not negligible).

HTH

This makes less sense to me than all the posts that did not even try to answer my question. You have no clue what Wisconsin law is.

CCW412

HTH

You have no clue what Wisconsin law is.
+10

What a ridiculous post!
IF YOU WERE A COP YOU WOULD BE VIOLATING THE 4TH AMENDMENT! If someone is driving a car would you stop them and run a check for warrants with out probable cause!?!?!?

Last edited:

AaronS

HTH

I am not so sure you do live in the same state, but in Wisconsin, we OPEN carry. We do not, nor will we after Nov. 1, have any printing laws.
"Printing" as it looks to be called, is a non-issue in Wisconsin when you have the permit.

HandyHamlet

This makes less sense to me than all the posts that did not even try to answer my question. You have no clue what Wisconsin law is.

How can we answer? We can't even get consensus on the bits of CC we have written down for us in black and white, translated by Paul, double checked by protias, seconded by MLKgrl, then Faq-ed by the DOJ...

:p

And why do the emoticons look like they were drawn by a drunk? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

How can we answer? We can't even get consensus on the bits of CC we have written down for us in black and white, translated by Paul, double checked by protious, seconded by MLKgrl, then Faq-ed by the DOJ...

Please don't get me wrong, I enjoyed to humor and the pic's. That comment was for BadgerJohnson who clearly does not understand the laws in Wisconsin.

I started this post after trying out two different types of concealment holsters. I was getting frusterated that I was not achieving perfect concealment and started to wonder if it was worth it trying to acheive it. I was wondering if there are any states that prohibit printing that I would ever be able to carry concealed in. Then I started to think that I would not be able to carry concealed if printing is prohibited.

Then I started to think that printing could never be prohibited in Wisconsin because we are a Constitutional Open Carry state. How could printing be prohibited if open carry is legal. Like the point Fallschirmjäger was making. If it were legal for women to go topless, how could a women going braless with a shirt on be prohibited?

HandyHamlet

................................................................................................................................................................women to go topless, .............................................................................women going braless...............................................................................

:cool:

Sorry. lost my train of thought for a second.

How could printing be prohibited if open carry is legal.

Please don't give 'em any ideas.

Look! Boobies!

aecuador243.jpg

Last edited:

Mlutz

Please don't get me wrong, I enjoyed to humor and the pic's. That comment was for BadgerJohnson who clearly does not understand the laws in Wisconsin.

I started this post after trying out two different types of concealment holsters. I was getting frusterated that I was not achieving perfect concealment and started to wonder if it was worth it trying to acheive it. I was wondering if there are any states that prohibit printing that I would ever be able to carry concealed in. Then I started to think that I would not be able to carry concealed if printing is prohibited.

Then I started to think that printing could never be prohibited in Wisconsin because we are a Constitutional Open Carry state. How could printing be prohibited if open carry is legal. Like the point Fallschirmjäger was making. If it were legal for women to go topless, how could a women going braless with a shirt on be prohibited?

I had the same problem... Or so I thought. When I took my trip to Iowa, I used a Kholster iwb. (Smith and wesson sigma.) I tried a few different shirts. I didn't feel that anything was concealing the grip properly. But then it hit me, I knew I had a gun, and exactly where it was. I would look right in the spot, and I could see it. I thought that everyone else would/could see it.
We went to the mall, and I chose to cc, I figured they were posted.(Signs don't mean anything there anyway.) But, to be on the safe side I put my shirt over it. Plenty of mall cops around. Even had one seem to follow us for a bit, he was just going into one of the security offices. Walked around for quite a while, and no one said a single word. Either no one noticed, or no one cared.
Holster up at home once and have a friend guess if you are carrying. Chances are, they won't be able to tell. Hope this helps. :)