• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HR 2613, Citizens Protection Act of 2011

dwordinger

Representative Ron Paul has introduced HR 2613 into the US Congress. This bill would do away with many of the federally mandated Victim Disarmament Zones. Write your congresscritter and tell it to support this bill. With most of Congress being as spineless as it is, this bill probably won't go very far, but our representatives need to be reminded they represent us and we want our rights back.

Metalhead47

Man how awesome would it be if Ron Paul was our next president. Except if he did the FED would have him offed just like JFK and Lincoln who tried to end the FED. Good post!

:rolleyes:

Ron Paul will never be president. Doesn't matter how right he is ( he is about a great many things). As smart as the guy is, he can't seem to realize that. Even if he were, the fed's not going anywhere. That would take an act of congress. Most people on the street also have no idea what the fed is, why it's bad, or how an alternative would work in the modern world. I'll admit I'm a little foggy on that myself.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

END_THE_FED

Man how awesome would it be if Ron Paul was our next president. Except if he did the FED would have him offed just like JFK and Lincoln who tried to end the FED. Good post!

The tyrant Lincoln did not try to "end the fed". The Federal Reserve was created in 1913.

At the Time Lincoln was president there was no central bank in These United States. The "2nd bank of the United States" (The central bank that preceded the fed) stopped performing as a central bank in 1836 when congress chose not to renew its charter.

Lincoln did a lot of harm to the republic's monetary system with his unconstitutional "green backs". His "green back" were the Republic's first fiat currency. (post Constitution) He used this fiat currency to fund a war of aggression and invade a sovereign nation.

Even with the monetary issues aside, Lincoln was probably one of our republic's most tyrannical presidents ever.For starters he suspended habeus corpus, he jailed newspaper editors, he threatened supreme court justices with arrest, and he pushed for and got congress to approve the first "income tax". He was an imperialist and a tyrant.

With JFK I assume you are referring to executive order 11110. The fact is that the executive order did NOT "order" the printing of silver certificates. EO11110 simply authorized the treasury to do so. Before the order, the president was able to order the printing of certificates. EO11110 simply delegated that power from the president to the treasury. Only a small number of silver certificates were issued after the order. JFK also signed legislation to authorize the Federal Reserve to issue small denomination notes. If anything JFK's actions increased the power of the Fed not decreased it.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

:rolleyes:

Ron Paul will never be president. Doesn't matter how right he is ( he is about a great many things). As smart as the guy is, he can't seem to realize that. Even if he were, the fed's not going anywhere. That would take an act of congress. Most people on the street also have no idea what the fed is, why it's bad, or how an alternative would work in the modern world. I'll admit I'm a little foggy on that myself.

---

He might not be, but he is encouraging those of us in this country who agree with him to be active, he has given hope back to U.S. politics. I will vote for him or I won't vote at all.

And the public have become more and more aware of what he is talking about. I recommend reading End The FED by Dr. Paul, he puts it in terms us lay man can understand. I bet many would also enjoy reading, Revolution a manifesto and Liberty Defined.

sudden valley gunner

The tyrant Lincoln did not try to "end the fed". The Federal Reserve was created in 1913.

At the Time Lincoln was president there was no central bank in These United States. The "2nd bank of the United States" (The central bank that preceded the fed) stopped performing as a central bank in 1836 when congress chose not to renew its charter.

Lincoln did a lot of harm to the republic's monetary system with his unconstitutional "green backs". His "green back" were the Republic's first fiat currency. (post Constitution) He used this fiat currency to fund a war of aggression and invade a sovereign nation.

Even with the monetary issues aside, Lincoln was probably one of our republic's most tyrannical presidents ever.For starters he suspended habeus corpus, he jailed newspaper editors, he threatened supreme court justices with arrest, and he pushed for and got congress to approve the first "income tax". He was an imperialist and a tyrant.

With JFK I assume you are referring to executive order 11110. The fact is that the executive order did NOT "order" the printing of silver certificates. EO11110 simply authorized the treasury to do so. Before the order, the president was able to order the printing of certificates. EO11110 simply delegated that power from the president to the treasury. Only a small number of silver certificates were issued after the order. JFK also signed legislation to authorize the Federal Reserve to issue small denomination notes. If anything JFK's actions increased the power of the Fed not decreased it.

Not to mention what he did to race relations in this country ( he was also a consummate liar, and a bigot). Saw transformers 3 last night and I cheered when they blew up the statue of Lincoln, (hmmm like all good tyrants he gets a statue, interesting).

Metalhead47

He might not be, but he is encouraging those of us in this country who agree with him to be active, he has given hope back to U.S. politics. I will vote for him or I won't vote at all.

Just as long as you vote. :). I'll work on convincing you to further follow dr Pauls example and vote tea party republican later ;)

---

amlevin

Just as long as you vote. :). I'll work on convincing you to further follow dr Pauls example and vote tea party republican later ;)

---

Unfortunately voting for just any "Tea Party Republican" may just end up guaranteeing Obama another term. I hope that a viable conservative candidate shows up soon. So far it just appears that there will be "the usual suspects" and nobody with a clear ability to lead the Country out of its problems.

Unfortunately this Country doesn't work the way it does in other parts of the World. In other Countries, those who receive small blocks of votes are actually able to leverage their position into the Government. In this Country control of our destiny lies with the two main parties represented in our government. Individuals who fall outside these parties dogmatic views are merely tolerated but rarely listened to.

Metalhead47

Unfortunately voting for just any "Tea Party Republican" may just end up guaranteeing Obama another term. I hope that a viable conservative candidate shows up soon. So far it just appears that there will be "the usual suspects" and nobody with a clear ability to lead the Country out of its problems.

Agreed. However there are lots of viable and vulnerable in the congress, and the last election and past few days should remind us that in our republic the true power for change is vested in the congress.

---