• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oldie but goodie

Yooper

Can someone way smarter then me tell me the MCL covering carrying with CPL while hunting?

This one prevents the DNR from enacting rules against CPL holders on DNR property:

MCL 324.504 (6) - "The department shall not promulgate or enforce a rule that prohibits an individual who is licensed or
exempt from licensure under 1927 PA 372, MCL 28.421 to 28.435, from carrying a pistol in compliance with
that act, whether concealed or otherwise, on property under the control of the department."

But this is the one regarding hunting:

MCL 324.43510 " Carrying or transporting firearm, slingshot, bow and arrow, crossbow or trap;
license required; exception; applicability to taking of wild animal.
Sec. 43510. (1) Subject to subsection (2) and except as provided in section 43513, a person shall not carry
or transport a firearm, slingshot, bow and arrow, crossbow, or a trap while in any area frequented by wild
animals unless that person has in his or her possession a license as required under this part.
(2) This act or a rule promulgated or order issued by the department or the commission under this act shall
not be construed to prohibit a person from transporting a pistol or carrying a loaded pistol, whether concealed
or not, if either of the following applies:

(a) The person has in his or her possession a license to carry a concealed pistol under 1927 PA 372, MCL
28.421 to 28.435.