• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I had to poste this here! Australian Digger fails to overturn guns ban.

Haz.

Australian Digger fails to overturn guns ban.

What a sad state of affair's in a country where criminals roam the streets armed to the teeth!

Ashamedly, all I can say is this.

The Words of Remembrance are now a farce;

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them"

How will we remember these Australian war heros?

We will remember them and thank them for their sacrifice by taking away their leagally owned registered, and licenced firearms!

Why are we taking away their legally owned and registered firearms for which they are licenced to own?

Because the grey cardigans running this nanny state believe the diggers are are just getting too old to own them ????? Isnt that a good idea! Dissarm an old digger who lives alone on a property and leave him vulnerable to criminal home invaders who are armed to the teeth.

"Mr Molony said there was nothing in the relevant Act or regulations that "points to minimum standards of fitness necessary for the holder of a firearms licence""

Makes one ashamed to be an Australian.

Haz.

A FRAIL 89-year-old World War II veteran, who lives alone on his NSW rural property, has failed to overturn a police decision revoking his firearms licence.

One of three policemen who went to the property said they were told: "I don't want you taking my guns. Haven't you blokes got anything better to do than going around harassing war veterans?"

The NSW Administrative Decisions Tribunal yesterday affirmed a decision by the NSW Commissioner of Police to revoke the firearms licence of Richard Neil Hawkins.

Mr Hawkins, a licensee for many years, told the hearing he was raised with firearms and strictly drilled by his father in their safe use and storage.

"His view is that the actions of the police, in suspending his firearms licence (and the subsequent revocation), defies common sense," said judicial member Peter Molony.

But Mr Molony was satisfied it was not in the public interest for him to continue holding a licence, for reasons including his frailty and chronic neck and back condition.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news...#ixzz1UVVIsoKx

CO-Joe

They'll rue the day when there's nobody left to fend off the dropbears.

45acpForMe

Sad.

I have been grieving the disarmament of Austrailia's citizenry and hope it never happens here.

Unfortunately I don't see anything short of an armed rebellion/revolution overturning those laws. Uber-unfortunately the criminals are now the only ones capable of resisting the official-criminals. :-( Not much hope in any scenario I can think of.

Good luck and may God have mercy on you! (and by God I mean Jesus, the Holy Spirit and God the father, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob!!!!)

jayspapa

Sad.

I have been grieving the disarmament of Austrailia's citizenry and hope it never happens here.

Unfortunately I don't see anything short of an armed rebellion/revolution overturning those laws. Uber-unfortunately the criminals are now the only ones capable of resisting the official-criminals. :-( Not much hope in any scenario I can think of.

Good luck and may God have mercy on you! (and by God I mean Jesus, the Holy Spirit and God the father, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob!!!!)

+1 I couldn't have said it any better.

Haz.

Sad.

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts. Its sad to see the way things have been allowed to turn out down here. You can read just how bad things have been getting here in Australia by following the "Who needs a Gun in Australia" thread on this board, since the firearms ban was legislated and passed. It wont be long and we will end up like the good citizens in London, locked away in our homes in fear whilst wild mobs roam the streets robbing, looting businesses and terrorising locals who need to venture out in the streets.

Just shows how low our government has stooped in dissarming this poor old digger who has done no one any harm in his entire life.

Haz.

riverrat10k

I heard sales of aluminum (or aluminium for some of you) baseball bats is through the roof in Britain. God help you all, Haz.

For US readers: Do not allow any gun confiscation! If we have riots over here, it will horrible and bloody. Hopefully, we will get most of the statist autocrats and banking cartel members in the first wave.

45acpForMe

I heard sales of aluminum (or aluminium for some of you) baseball bats is through the roof in Britain. God help you all, Haz.

For US readers: Do not allow any gun confiscation! If we have riots over here, it will horrible and bloody. Hopefully, we will get most of the statist autocrats and banking cartel members in the first wave.

The problem is the powers that be anti probably have the best armed security that money can buy. If there are riots the only people injured will be unarmed innocents and the thugs that find out to late the people they are attacking are armed.

This old digger that got disarmed is an example where they go after individuals or chip away at freedoms. If they passed a law that disarmed everyone all at once the masses would stand up and resist.

I remember an old quote which goes back to biblical days where Peter told the leaders in Israel when the told him to stop preaching the Gospel, he replied something like Which should I obey, commands of men or commands of God. So my interpretation of that is, "When it becomes criminal to obey God's law in society, it is time to become a criminal!". OCDO in general does not encourage people to break the law and I understand that but if the USA started an illegal gun confiscation I can't believe that members would approve.

riverrat10k

Sadly, you are spot-on, .45.

Y'know, in NJ it is almost impossible to get a permit to protect oneself with a handgun.

Meanwhile, the banksters computer centers are guarded by private security forces with automatic weapons!

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
heston-cold-dead-hands.jpg

5 words.

(If you don't understand this please turn in all your guns right meow)

Haz.

Sadly, you are spot-on, .45.

Y'know, in NJ it is almost impossible to get a permit to protect oneself with a handgun.

Meanwhile, the banksters computer centers are guarded by private security forces with automatic weapons!

Hi Riverrat.

Its the same here. We have armed security guards protecting the philosopher kings and the garden gnomes who banned firearms and outlawed all forms of armed self defence. The head rodent used to run about Sydney exercising, in the early hours followed by a conga line of armed guards. He sometimes even wore bullet proof vests when he appeared in public. The unarmed masses here cannot even buy a bullet proof vest if their lives depended aupon it, and it often does? We also have armed security guards protecting money from criminals. We all know money is more important than human life.

since9

Campaign Veteran
"Chronic neck and back condition." Wow. That didn't keep me from serving in full capacity in the military for just over 17 years between its onset and when I retired.

I'll never ceased to be amazed by the utter stupidity of those who resort to any excuse in support of a decision they've already made, as opposed to letting the facts guide them to the correct decision.