Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I alone on this?

Am I alone on this?

Just wondering if anyone else has the same experiences. Have you ever went thru the junk drawer or dug thru boxes of junk you packed long ago and found stray bullets of a caliber that you cant even remember owning the gun that accepts them? I have found several over the years, and never owned guns of that caliber. Anyone else have that experience?

Does finding a box of ammo in a caliber you have nothing to fit it into count? 'Cause I've got two boxes on my shelf right now that fit that category.

I "think" I bought them because somebody I know was looking for the caliber and said they could not find any, or could not find any at a reasonable price. Now if I could just remember who it was, so I could show them they were wrong.*

stay safe.

*It is not OK to contact this poster with inquiries about what caliber or how much he might want to sell them for.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I find that owning more then 5 rounds of a caliber you don't have a gun for means you should go out a Buy a gun for them.

Sure. In fact I gave a partial box (24rds) of 32acp and one round of 32s&w long in it to an acquaintance recently. I know I have a box of 38s&w somewhere around here I've never had a gun for either.

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    I find that owning more then 5 rounds of a caliber you don't have a gun for means you should go out a Buy a gun for them.
    what he said
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Yes, I have a couple rounds of 25-20 I have no idea where they came from, and some 38-44. Don't even know if they black powder of smokeless. Don't remember either myself, or my dad owning anything in those calibers. There are a few others too..all "oddballs"

Yes. When I got my first gun, a Ruger Blackhawk .357, I was 18 and didn't know much about different calibers at the time. I asked someone to get me some .38s before we went to the range, as the state of TN does not allow one to buy handgun ammo if under the age of 21 (but you can buy .22LR, .30 Carbine, both of which I've fired in a pistol-go figure).

Well, unfortunately he didn't know much about different calibers either, and ended up getting me a box of .38 S&W. Oops-a $21.95 mistake (the price is written on the box).

I'm currently 26 and still have that box lol. NOBODY I know has a .38 S&W revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    I like that idea. Especially since I have a box of 50AE in my drawer and no 50 cal in sight.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    I like that idea. Especially since I have a box of 50AE in my drawer and no 50 cal in sight.
    Yup, got three boxes of that suff sitting around collecting dust.

To Soverign Axe

I have an S & W .38 snubby, stainless steel revolver. I just bought it last year. It's their model 60, which was S & W's first revolver. I like that little gun and planned to use it as a BAG. My carry gun is a Dan Wesson Bobtail Commander and I love that gun.

Many, many years ago I lived in Johnson City Tennessee. Also in Greenville, S.C. I was not into guns at the time. Very pretty part of the country.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Smile

Pardon my spelling, that should be BUG, not BAG.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

ok well its good to know that im not alone and i also do not have enuff of one caliber to buy the gun to fit it, and as these rounds are old and of unknown origin i sure aint got the desire to fire them lol. I like my hand intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    ok well its good to know that im not alone and i also do not have enuff of one caliber to buy the gun to fit it, and as these rounds are old and of unknown origin i sure aint got the desire to fire them lol. I like my hand intact.
    I wouldn't be too worried about that. When my father passed I brought home a bunch of 38 special, including some 38 S&W special. A large quantity of the rounds were semi wadcutters reloaded for when my father shot on the California Highway Patrol pistol team (he had a TON of "Master" trophies). That was back when I was 8 or 9, 10 at the oldest when he stopped competitive shooting (because there was no competition in it for him) and I just had my 50th.

Every one of them that's been fired functioned just fine, even the couple of boxes of factory ammo he had.
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

I have a .45 casing but do not recall ever firing a .45

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    do not recall ever firing a .45
    We have a bigger problem here...
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

ROFL I just thought of something.

If there ever was a thread full of first world problems, this is it

Ruby: yes it is. I will have a hard time ever moving from this part of the country

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    The only REAL .45 doesn't have "ACP" stamped on the casing.
    Beretta92FSLady

Centurion
    My variation on this was NOT finding stray rounds of a size I don't own; but, Finding IN the bottom of my ammo locker a full sealed 1000 round case of .40 S&W fmj.... and I didn't even own a .40 cal!

My solution, I went out an bought a .40 cal!!!!!

I have found a few rounds of various ammunition over the years. My theory is they got into my bag at the range somehow. I am always picking out casings of all different sizes from my bag. Who knows?
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    I welcome your assistance in rectifying this major issue.

Quote Originally Posted by we-the-people View Post
    the only real .45 doesn't have "acp" stamped on the casing.
    gap?

"If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    I welcome your assistance in rectifying this major issue.
    I'll be in Houston in December for a couple days (cousin's wedding). I'm sure I could peel away for an hour or so to hit a range and rent a 45. Maybe I can try 357 sig, which is one of the few "common" calibers I haven't tried
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

I've fired a .22 bolt action rifle, 3 9mm handguns(my P99, friend's SR9 and some random 9 at a friend's ranch), a 30.06 and a 12 ga. Fired buckshot and slugs from the shotgun. Shot up pecan trees in a pecan orchard.

If I had more money, I'd go shooting more often. I have a friend that owns a pecan orchard and he lets us go over there whenever we want. Trying to save up some money so I can go next Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
    gap?

COLT

As in 45 "long" Colt. Great for a pistol/rifle combo, expecially if you have a long gun that will take 45 colt or 410 shotgun.

At JackHouse, stick with it and you'll end up with a laundry list that you've fired.
    Beretta92FSLady

Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    COLT

As in 45 "long" Colt. Great for a pistol/rifle combo, expecially if you have a long gun that will take 45 colt or 410 shotgun.

At JackHouse, stick with it and you'll end up with a laundry list that you've fired.
    I knew what you meant, was giving you a hard time, hence the (new smileys aren't very good)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast