• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry on a Motorcycle in Wisconsin?

LesterPTelestrat

Hi, I see plenty of information on carrying in a vehicle, but nothing on a Motorcycle. My friends and I are planning a trip to Wisconsin in a couple of weeks and I'm debating carrying openly on my bike? Anyone know if Open Carry on a bike is permitted?

Thank you,

LPT

Pyro01

I don't think you can openly carry on your bike yet because of the whole loaded guns and motor vehicles thing. I think you need to wait till Nov.1 to do that, and if you don't have a permit with reciprocity, then don't drive through school zones.

Edit: I just checked the New to Open Carrying in WI, Here's what you should now. thread, and I also confirmed it in the law, no vehicle carry, be that car or motorcycle. You'll have to plan a ride in the late fall if it's not too cold or wet or wait till spring to OC on a motorcycle.

"(h) “Vehicle” has the meaning given in s. 340.01 (74), and
includes a snowmobile, as defined in s. 340.01 (58a), and an electric
personal assistive mobility device, as defined in s. 340.01
(15pm), except that for purposes of subs. (4) (c) and (cg) and (4m)
“vehicle” has the meaning given for “motor vehicle” in s. 29.001
(57)."

Last edited:
M

McX

at the moment, per the law, we all wait, for a glorious next summer.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
A Glorious Summer Is Coming Next Year!

at the moment, per the law, we all wait, for a glorious next summer.

I agree. As soon as I get my.... cough...."permit" I will be open carrying in my neighborhood through the unconstitutional "GFSZ's", in and on my vehicles and every place I legally can open carry.

Carry On!