• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry and the next legislative session - will they try again?

KIX

Just saw this posted by Reason magazine yesterday on facebook. Got me thinking about how DPS (or the agency formerly known as the DPS) keeps bringing this up every year. I wonder if they will go through the preliminaries again this time around (I guess we'll soon find out).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o6yhv6-3LQ&feature=feedu

Jonathan

Rich B

Is it really worth getting too worried about right now? They haven't passed it in the years they tried it, and it was proposed this year and didn't make it into the assembly. People are more educated now than they have in years past, and the PDs who would support it are in terrible positions to speak about it since they are complicit in the only problems that have occurred (the police falsely arresting and detaining OCers being the only bad thing I have heard put forth so far).

If it does go anywhere in the future, we will have to fight it like everyone did with the magazine ban.

KIX

Worried, no.

But should we keep it on our RADAR, absolutely.

Since their last attempt, we've had the Arizona shooting, the misguided Virginia Tech that was a red herring (but had much attraction and others.

The left is trying to spin Fast and Furious like it's a gun problem, not an administration/administrative one.

California isn't going to give up, and I don't think the northeast extreme leftists will either.

Jonathan

Rich B

But should we keep it on our RADAR, absolutely.

Since their last attempt, we've had the Arizona shooting, the misguided Virginia Tech that was a red herring (but had much attraction and others.

The left is trying to spin Fast and Furious like it's a gun problem, not an administration/administrative one.

I guess I still don't see the urgency. Of course it should be 'on the radar'. It has been on the radar for years now though. And we now have tons of information that we didn't have before to bring before the legislature. We have evidence of police officers purposely trying to re-legislate based on their feelings and not on the laws. We can show pretty readily conspiracies by police departments and chiefs to harass/detain and arrest law abiding citizens because they don't agree with our rights.

I don't think the legislature is going to be pleased to discover the police departments ignoring the laws they wrote and making them up as they go.

KIX

Based on experience.

I testified at all five legislative sessions for gun issues this year. You hear a lot and you talk a lot to those that have the ability to propose legislation. And, based on that experience, I say I wouldn't put any fishy opportunity on them to try and push this. Combine the issue I mentioned above, plus your Wallingford case getting traction now, I can indeed see this getting advanced this time around.

I just hope we catch wind of it early enough. I have some reps I work with that can be an asset if we hear of it early enough.

Let me tell you, the insanity you hear in that place!

Jonathan