• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed Litter Crew Ahead

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Next Scheduled cleanup will be Saturday, Aug 11th.

Open Carry Washington Members
opencarry.org
OpenCarryWashington.com

mile post 135.5 to 137.5
North Bound I-5 shoulder from the Puyallup River bridge to the exit at 54th Ave in Fife. We do not clean the center divider.

Date, time & place to meet:
Time: 11 AM
Date: Saturday, Aug 11th.
Meet At: Large Parking lot just north of 20th Ave & Industrial Drive (see map).

AAH-directions.jpg

* All participants must be at least 15 years of age and in good health.
* Some folks have been asking about the forms that are needed. One form is just a log sheet of everyone who picks that day and is filled out at each pick. The other form is a one time thing & requires the last four of your SSN ( to separate you from all the John Smiths). It is used in case there is an accident you are covered by the state L&I insurance (full medical). You can download the form and bring it with you or however, I will have all the forms that are required by the state.

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/NR/rdonlyres/3763B4F6-E069-45FF-9BDD-33A155632C9F/0/Registration.pdf

Equipment Supplied:
hard hats - not a requirement but suggested to wear in case of flying road debris.
reflective vests
orange highway warning road sign
trash bags

Equipment suggested:
gloves and boots
pick up sticks / reach extenders

If we have snow on the ground then the event will be canceled and rescheduled. For those wondering if there is snow on the ground check out this link:
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/tacoma/i5_puyallupriver.htm
If the ground is white event will be canceled. Questions? PM me for my cell number, for those of you with my number feel free to pass it along to those who don't.

adopt-a-highway.jpg

armed-litter-patrol-ahead.jpg

Last edited:

amzbrady

massivedesign

FINALLY IT'S BACK!!! When I first joined OCDO I was too shy to give it a shot, then construction started and I kicked myself for not doing it...

WHOO HOO! Count me in!

Bill Starks

State Researcher
I don't think picking up litter is a "Recreational Outdoor Activity" :(

RCW 9.41.042

(5) In an area where the discharge of a firearm is permitted, is not trespassing, and the person either: (a) Is at least fourteen years of age, has been issued a hunter safety certificate, and is using a lawful firearm other than a pistol; or (b) is under the supervision of a parent, guardian, or other adult approved for the purpose by the parent or guardian;

(6) Traveling with any unloaded firearm in the person's possession to or from any activity described in subsection (1), (2), (3), (4), or (5) of this section;

<Help to add the final part>
So after the litter pick up we go shooting at the range.

Last edited:

Px4er

RCW 9.41.042

(5) In an area where the discharge of a firearm is permitted, is not trespassing, and the person either: (a) Is at least fourteen years of age, has been issued a hunter safety certificate, and is using a lawful firearm other than a pistol; or (b) is under the supervision of a parent, guardian, or other adult approved for the purpose by the parent or guardian;

(6) Traveling with any unloaded firearm in the person's possession to or from any activity described in subsection (1), (2), (3), (4), or (5) of this section;

<Help to add the final part>
So after the litter pick up we go shooting at the range.

I got another question. I'm gonna get a mini gunvault, can i put both the gun AND the loaded magazine in the same case, mag well empty, or is that still considered "loaded"

massivedesign

A couple of questions.

1 - Starts at 10. Is there a specific end time? I ask because I am going to Blue Man Group that evening so need to make sure I have enough time to do both.
2 - Do we have a head count?? I have 10-12 "grabbers" that I can bring.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
A couple of questions.

1 - Starts at 10. Is there a specific end time? I ask because I am going to Blue Man Group that evening so need to make sure I have enough time to do both.
2 - Do we have a head count?? I have 10-12 "grabbers" that I can bring.

It usually takes about 1-2 hrs at most depending on the amount of people that show up. At this time 4 have confirmed.

I just moved and I have no idea where I put the orange reflective vests that are required. I'm still looking.

Last edited:

Bill Starks

State Researcher
OK, we have a bit of an issue. In my recent move I have misplaced all of the orange reflective safety vests and without these vests we cannot be on the highway and pick up trash. I have gone through all of the tubs and boxes and have not found them, I believe the help I had may have saw the white trash bag and assumed they were trash and threw them away.

I will talk with our coordinator to see about getting them replaced but at this time I have to cancel the Oct 9th Litter Pick up.