• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reason.tv: Guns, Laws, and Panics - How Fear, Not Fact, Informs the Gun Rights Debate

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member

Darkshadow62988

Activist Member
He got $35,000 dollars from San Diego County for an UOC incident. I can't imagine he wouldn't sue over the airport case. Anyone know the final outcome of this case?

I can't find anything resulting from this incident other that the storm of media reports that, sadly, don't have much to offer

since9

Campaign Veteran
I don't think "inform" is the appropriate word. "Unduly influence," perhaps, but not "inform."

The term "inform" implies actual information, preferably fact-based information, is being conveyed.

pullnshoot25

Hi all, Sam is my brother. Nothing came of the TSA incident though he has been arrested once.or twice more for the same thing, just with much reduced fanfare. It is rather difficult to go up against the TSA but his story has at least spurned several states to cut ties with the TSA.

For the story of what happened in 2008 with SDPD, here is the blogpost he wrote up immediately after the incident but only published once his case was settled.

http://caopencarry.blogspot.com/2010/09/source-of-ab1934.html

I will be happy to answer any questions you guys may have.

Wc

Your honor

As for the link to the blog, I love this part:

Huh. Interesting. I wasn't aware a law degree was required to understand basic English vocabulary.

Your honor, I don't understanding and this case should be dismissed because I don't have a law degree.