Thread: Collector West Gun Show Portland 19-21 August

Collector West Gun Show Portland 19-21 August

Anyone going to the gun show at the Expo center? If so stop by the Thrive-Shelf Reliance booth and ask for golddigger. No promises, but I'll see if I can arrange for discounts for anybody who mentions OC.org. Also as I understand Portland is like CA. You can OC, but unloaded. Is that correct? Thanks.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

OC, loaded or unloaded is lawful in Oregon, with or without a CHL.

However, cities are allowed to restrict loaded firearms but CHL holders are exempt. City of Portland is one of these. They also have a restriction on loaded clips/magazines, while questionable, there has been no one to test it.

Check out the Oregon Gun Rights pamphlet.

Expo center is owned and operated by Metro. OC is allowed on their property and with a permit, buildings. Be careful though, Metro employees could cause an unwanted police encounter due to lack of training. I am pretty sure the Collector West will be checking firearms in at the entrance.

Exciting stuff, I know. What will your table have? I've been needing to buy some target ammo and another box of self defense ammo but I have been lazy. Portland has also been on my list to frequent while OC but I never have any reason to be there unless I am driving through.
    Last edited by Dogbait; 08-09-2011 at 11:10 PM.

i avoid portland like the plague.... i never go unless i its absolutely necessary and even then i refuse to spend a dime in a city with so little regard for my safety. then, when i am home safe, i write a letter to the council saying just that. every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbait View Post

Exciting stuff, I know. What will your table have? I've been needing to buy some target ammo and another box of self defense ammo but I have been lazy. Portland has also been on my list to frequent while OC but I never
    have any reason to be there unless I am driving through.
    Sorry no ammo, we will have Freeze dried food kind of like Mountain House. The good thing is that the majority of the stuff is individual components so you can create your own meals. This food is not just for the "apocalypse", but for every day use. 20-30 year shelf life unopened, 6 month to 3 years opened (depending on type of food).
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Sorry, but I've stopped going to the gun shows at the Expo Center for good. The last several times I've been: A) there's nothing of interest B) All guns are either normal store retail or grossly overpriced C) Half the booths are taken by vendors selling the widest variety of caliginous CRAP I've ever seen. I'm supposed to pay money to get into this event! They should be paying ME for wasting my damned time!