• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oc ranger contact in kings canyon national park

Badger Johnson

I could carry 10 more candy bars if I left the gun home and people might get upset.

Good to know the guardian revolver is a '10 candy bar gun', lol.

Gunslinger

Carrying LOADED openly is illegal in NATIONAL parks, sanctuary's, and wildlife reserves. National FORESTS are clear for loaded carry, and in your campground

Carrying UN-loaded openly is legal nearly anywhere in National parks etc.. (no going into the Ranger stations or visitors centers, or other occupied for business government buildings, while carrying).

Not anymore. It depends on the governing 'state' laws. OC is perfectly legal in all National Parks, Forests, etc in CO away from Denver County--CC is legal everywhere with a CO or states we recognize, CCW. Of course, being a free state, it is 'loaded' OC. KA law, of course being a Gulag, is different.

Lawful Aim

First he says that you can't do something that is legal and then he advises you to do some something illegal (Although lawful). Sounds like someone got their wires crossed along the way.

markm

Hey all,

I have recently UOCed and LOCed in our premier National Parks. I suggest all OCers memorize these things:
  1. Senator Coburn's rider to the Credit Card Accountability Act of 2009 made it legal to RKBA in National Parks, Monuments, and Wildlife Refuges.
    1. The law allows firearms in National Parks according the laws of the state that the park is in.
    2. I have had two federal Park officers tell me that federal gun law applies, and my retort to them is "You need to read your own Park's website! It is explained on every National Park's website.
  2. When a Seirra Club type brow-beats you with their seminar-trained talking points, smile and tell that it does not matter why I a want to carry, it is legal, therefore I am.
  3. When a Ranger brow-beats you, explain that thier interogation is under color of authority and is therefore actionable under 42 USC 1983. Remind him that the Supremes, and its inferior courts, have opined that "the legal possession of a gun is no different than carrying a wallet."
  4. I end with asking the brow-beater this: Why do cops carry guns? They usally answer: "for security." My quick rejoinder is: And that is why I carry a gun!
While hiking the backcountry of Yellowstone in a stiff headwind, my party was damn glad that we had large caliber handguns as our bear-spray would have been 100% inefective if we encountered grizzly. Even when conditions were perfect, we were glad we had our guns in Grand Teton.

We saw seven grizzlies and were told that one grizz passed behind our party while we were focussing elswhere. The party that saw that grizz did know how to identify a grizzly over a black bear. That would have been grizzly #8 if we had seen it.

markm