• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cop Absolutely Saw Me OC'ing!

since9

Campaign Veteran
In all seriousness, I think parents shouldn't leave their kids in the car alone, unless they know there kids are mature enough, and smart enough, to handle sitting in a car that is running with the AC on.

My son's 11, and while he's smart enough to know better, and at a muscular 130 lbs big enough to give someone some serious resistance, I'd never leave the engine running. This summer is the first summer I've ever left him in the car alone, and then, only for a few minutes, with the windows cracked for ventilation, and the alarm system ON. If someone tries breaking in, the alarm goes off. If he leaves the car, the alarm goes off... ;)

wrightme

Wonder if they got busted for not having enough of them in carseats. Around $300 fine @. Law just changed AGAIN to basically require kids up to 12 be in some sort of car seat. Of course, it would be more efficient to require car manufacturers to have height adjustable seat belts or cheaper to sell equipment for the same purpose, but now that wouldn't profit the car seat lobby, would it? Sorry, whole other legislative rant.

Dang! At 12, my son was abouta buck 50 and over 5'. That was barely 6 months ago..... Heck, he could DRIVE without a booster seat. Don't know of a car seat made that he wouldn't smash. Are you sure it is 12? :confused:

Last edited: