Thread: Thank god for Fl's airport carry ban

Thank god for Fl's airport carry ban

http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/08...rt/#more-59491

This woman looks deadly dangerous. I'm glad the heroes in blue "took the gun off the streets" as they like to say.
    Last edited by 77zach; 08-10-2011 at 03:34 PM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/08...rt/#more-59491

This woman looks deadly dangerous. I'm glad the heroes in blue "took the gun off the streets" as they like to say.
    I clicked on the link but all I got was a picture....there might have been more but I didn't get past the picture.

Actually the comments after the article are priceless. I really liked the one about the TSA patting down 6 year old boys and the let her go through the scanner...lol

Wow, pretty stupid. Lucky she just got off with a misdemeanor that will probably get dropped in court. How do you not know you have a fully loaded, full-size revolver in your bag?? Her boyfriend put it there, ohhh ok then :-)
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

When I clicked the link and saw that picture, I think I heard something knock the bottom of my desk here at work. lol Did you see the sh*tter on that critter!? *drool*

Anyway, there are only a few states where airport carry is prohibited, and FL is one of this. It's a very stupid law.
    Last edited by carsontech; 08-10-2011 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carsontech View Post
    When I clicked the link and saw that picture, I think I heard something knock the bottom of my desk here at work. lol Did you see the sh*tter on that critter!? *drool*

Anyway, there are only a few states where airport carry is prohibited, and FL is one of this. It's a very stupid law.
    In regards to the law I agree. I think her real problem came when she tried to pass through a secure checkpoint with a loaded gun. As far as I know that is illegal in all 50 states.

Ah, I thought as long as you didn't go through the checkpoint you would be ok. If they found a firearm, I thought they would just question you about it and tell you that you couldn't get pass the checkpoint until you came back without it. Guess I thought wrong.

I thought she was in trouble for just carrying in the airport before the security checkpoint because of the no airport carry that FL has. My mistake.
    Last edited by carsontech; 08-10-2011 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carsontech View Post
    If they found a firearm, I thought they would just question you about it and tell you that you couldn't get pass the checkpoint until you came back without it. Guess I thought wrong.
    If we lived in a saner world, that's what would happen. If we lived in a sane world, you could take your gun on the plane with you.
    Last edited by 77zach; 08-10-2011 at 07:21 PM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

That poor girl!
    So skinny she's about to break in half in the next strong breeze.
    (And how can she stay upright with those glands? Bet she has back & shoulder problems.)

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach
    I'm glad the heroes in blue "took the gun off the streets" as they like to say.
    I always wonder about that...
    Unless they actually picked it up off the pavement they're lying.
    (Or exaggerating, which isn't much better.)

As to why she was only fined, one of the commenters mentioned that under FL law the carry into a prohibited area must be done knowingly, & apparently she didn't.

But she's still guilty under federal law, as previously posted:
    1540.111 Carriage of weapons, explosives, and incendiaries by individuals.
    (a) On an individual's person or accessible property - prohibitions... an individual may not have a weapon, explosive, or incendiary, on or about the individual's person or accessible property—
    (1) When performance has begun of the inspection of the individual's person or accessible property before entering a sterile area...
    (2) When the individual is entering or in a sterile area...

Let's say for the sake of the argument that it was this woman.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313027300.437683.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	6622

Anyone want to change their posts...lol

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Let's say for the sake of the argument that it was this woman.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313027300.437683.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	6622

Anyone want to change their posts...lol
    Ha, it's Jabba the hut. That woman could conceal a number of weapons in her rolls and no one would be willing to do a search to find out, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    ha, it's jabba the hut. That woman could conceal a number of weapons in her rolls and no one would be willing to do a search to find out, lol.
    lmfao!

Quote Originally Posted by KeepShootin View Post
    lmfao!
    She could have a full sized AK-47 in there! I had a patient that looked like her several years ago. When I pulled her fat roll back to shave her groin to do some arteriography, a cheetos corn chip was there! I haven't ate them since.

Quote Originally Posted by Mas49.56 View Post
    She could have a full sized AK-47 in there! I had a patient that looked like her several years ago. When I pulled her fat roll back to shave her groin to do some arteriography, a cheetos corn chip was there! I haven't ate them since.
    Holy sh*t... That is one of the nastiest things I have ever heard. I wouldn't eat them after that, either!