• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thank god for Fl's airport carry ban

DocWalker

http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/0...busted-for-gun-at-orlando-airport/#more-59491

This woman looks deadly dangerous. I'm glad the heroes in blue "took the gun off the streets" as they like to say.

I clicked on the link but all I got was a picture....there might have been more but I didn't get past the picture.

Actually the comments after the article are priceless. I really liked the one about the TSA patting down 6 year old boys and the let her go through the scanner...lol

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Wow, pretty stupid. Lucky she just got off with a misdemeanor that will probably get dropped in court. How do you not know you have a fully loaded, full-size revolver in your bag?? Her boyfriend put it there, ohhh ok then :)

carsontech

Activist Member
When I clicked the link and saw that picture, I think I heard something knock the bottom of my desk here at work. lol :shocker: Did you see the sh*tter on that critter!? *drool*

Anyway, there are only a few states where airport carry is prohibited, and FL is one of this. It's a very stupid law.

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
When I clicked the link and saw that picture, I think I heard something knock the bottom of my desk here at work. lol :shocker: Did you see the sh*tter on that critter!? *drool*

Anyway, there are only a few states where airport carry is prohibited, and FL is one of this. It's a very stupid law.

In regards to the law I agree. I think her real problem came when she tried to pass through a secure checkpoint with a loaded gun. As far as I know that is illegal in all 50 states.

carsontech

Activist Member
Ah, I thought as long as you didn't go through the checkpoint you would be ok. If they found a firearm, I thought they would just question you about it and tell you that you couldn't get pass the checkpoint until you came back without it. Guess I thought wrong.

I thought she was in trouble for just carrying in the airport before the security checkpoint because of the no airport carry that FL has. My mistake.

Last edited:

77zach

If they found a firearm, I thought they would just question you about it and tell you that you couldn't get pass the checkpoint until you came back without it. Guess I thought wrong.

If we lived in a saner world, that's what would happen. If we lived in a sane world, you could take your gun on the plane with you.

Last edited:

MKEgal

That poor girl!
So skinny she's about to break in half in the next strong breeze.
(And how can she stay upright with those glands? Bet she has back & shoulder problems.)

77zach said:
I'm glad the heroes in blue "took the gun off the streets" as they like to say.
I always wonder about that...
Unless they actually picked it up off the pavement they're lying.
(Or exaggerating, which isn't much better.)

As to why she was only fined, one of the commenters mentioned that under FL law the carry into a prohibited area must be done knowingly, & apparently she didn't.

But she's still guilty under federal law, as previously posted:
1540.111 Carriage of weapons, explosives, and incendiaries by individuals.
(a) On an individual's person or accessible property - prohibitions... an individual may not have a weapon, explosive, or incendiary, on or about the individual's person or accessible property—
(1) When performance has begun of the inspection of the individual's person or accessible property before entering a sterile area...
(2) When the individual is entering or in a sterile area...

KeepShootin

She could have a full sized AK-47 in there! I had a patient that looked like her several years ago. When I pulled her fat roll back to shave her groin to do some arteriography, a cheetos corn chip was there! I haven't ate them since.

Holy sh*t... That is one of the nastiest things I have ever heard. I wouldn't eat them after that, either!