• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got my CCP today

skyisfalling

Got my CPL Today

Got my CPL in the mail today.

Glad I do not have to pull my side arm and lock it in a box, every time I get into my truck.

Not proud that I participated in an unconstitutional law and illegal taxation.

Last edited:

massivedesign

I'll go first round..

1) You didn't need to put in in a lock box
2) There is no law that says you can't have your gun (right), just a law that dictates how you carry that gun (via a privilege)... The taxation thing, well.. I'm not even going to open up that can.

1245A Defender

well,,,

he was closer than some thought..
9.41.050 writes about a concealled pistol license.
the actual license says License to Carry Concealed Pistol.
you didnt need a lock box driving without your CPL, but i wonder now if you were unloading your gun before you put it in a lock box?
just that one question makes me think you have some more studying to do.

TechnoWeenie

The guy is happy about getting his papers from the state allowing him to exercise a right... and the first thing you guys do is give him a BUNCH of **** because he called it the wrong thing.

You wonder why people leave this forum.

Grow up.

Thor80

Congrats! It's nice not having to take your firearm off of you when you hop in the truck! This state is known for "illegal taxation". Can you say "Discover Pass"! Needless to say I dont go to state parks anymore. But the "License" is one I gave in on myself.

The guy is happy about getting his papers from the state allowing him to exercise a right... and the first thing you guys do is give him a BUNCH of **** because he called it the wrong thing.

Grow up.

Some people are sticklers, in the case of laws I believe it to be a good thing sometimes. At the same time we are on the internet, I don't necessarily take things said in cyberspace personally. Hell the only time I use the interweb is for this forum and the ford trucks one when I'm working on my rigs. (Well I have to use it for work, but I don't count that. Thats one reason I dont spend a lot of time on the computer....)

-Thor

Dave Workman

Grow up.

Bravo. We're all supposed to be on the same side.

Hammer

Just remember the old saying "Experience is what you get when you don't have an education".

And we shouldn't forget the old axiom "go to college where you can exchange your common sense for education" making one an educated idiot.
Education- the fallback when there's no common sense to be found. It is epidemic these days....

sudden valley gunner

A quick Google of "CCP" came up with this:

"Chinese Communist Party (CCP)"

Wikipedia lists a bunch more uses of "CCP" but NONE regarding firearms

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CCP

And we shouldn't forget the old axiom "go to college where you can exchange your common sense for education" making one an educated idiot.
Education- the fallback when there's no common sense to be found. It is epidemic these days....

[h=1]“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”[/h]
Frank Zappa

skyisfalling

5 Years of college. Ain't it a trip when you discover that everything you know is wrong.
That's why I OC.

Thankz, to everyone who stuck up for me.
Everyone else..... makes for an interesting thread.

Batousaii

LoLz

+1!

I vaguely remember the forums deer-in-headlights reaction when Green (formally known as Poo) said he was 18 and carried....

LoLz, I remember that too. But i also agree with Dave, in that, it can be hard to tell if something is "said" in silly jest, or someone bein an obnoxious when all we have to work with is simple text. I know when I type, i kinda hear my own "tone of voice" in my head. The receiving end of the post (everyone else reading it) can not. If you comment that I hear voices in my head? They usually tell me to clean my gun ... ;)

- Congrats on your permit, makes life tons easier with the car and WA weather.

- Sorry bout my recent absence, work and hobbies have kept me rather occupied, if all goes well i should be able to see ya all on the 20th (crossing fingers).

Bat :dude:

Last edited: