Thread: Salinas, Ca Home owner kills intruder

Salinas, California

Salinas, Ca Home owner kills intruder

Guy walks in another persons garage with a gun in his hand. Home owner sees the guy on the security camera and grabs his gun.. The rest of the story is can be read. I enclosed the link below.

Okanogan Highland
    Yaki! The BG had an "Automatic"? weapon? For real? or just bad reporting.

Founder's Club Member
    Fairfax Co., VA
    "If you in any way feel threatened, you have the right to defend yourself, your property and your homestead," said [Sheriff's Investigator] Kaiser.
    I wouldn't mind police giving out legal advice so much if they actually gave it correctly.

Threatened "in any way" authorizes self-defense? So, if a goon tells me he's going to come back later and beat me with a baseball bat, I can shoot him now? Either CA has much less stringent self-defense laws than I thought, or the learned investigator is handing out really, really bad advice.

Oklahoma, USA
    HERMANNR, listening to the broadcast, it is likely there was an automatic involved ... they are still looking for 2 accomplises ... the homeowner is a legal medical marijuana grower, so he was most likely 'targeted'

Yaki, just got a look at your pal, ooooh, what a beauty!
    Last edited by okboomer; 08-11-2011 at 04:42 PM.
    cheers - okboomer
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!