• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No open carry in Cracker Barrel...!

John3

I emailed Cracker Barrel regarding wanting to hold a Open Carry event. This is the answer...

Dear Mr. Sanderlin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with all of us here at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store. We're always pleased to hear from our guests.

Open Carry Policy
As we work to achieve our mission of Pleasing People, one of our top priorities is the safety and comfort of our guests, both external and internal. Because of this, and because it is our intent to provide our guests and employees with a relaxed, comfortable, family-oriented environment, we feel its important to review our open carry policy.

Simply stated, our policy is that we will not seat or serve patrons who are openly carrying or wearing firearms unless the patrons are law enforcement officers, security guards, or uniformed military personnel.

We look forward to seeing you in one of our locations again soon.

Sincerely,

Sandra Vance
Guest Relations Representative
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc

Blk97F150

Do you have the direct customer service email address... so I don't have to use their online 'contact form'?

Shooter64738

I was unaware they were not open carry friendly. A couple years ago, I went to the one in Independence. I think it's at I-70 and Lee's Summit Rd. I had been to Bass Pro and was carrying an XD 45. I stopped in Cracker Barrel to eat before I went home.

Not only was I seated and served, my meal was free. The server told me it was taken care of right after she brought my food. When I left I asked for the manager and when she returned with the manager I told them my meal was free, and I was curious why. Mistakenly they assumed I was a police officer, so I explained. They still insisted the meal was free and to come back anytime, but they did joke that the next meal probably wouldn't be free.

Maybe they changed their policy since then, and if so, I wont patronize it again.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Simply stated, our policy is that we will not seat or serve patrons who are openly carrying or wearing firearms unless the patrons are law enforcement officers, security guards, or uniformed military personnel.

Sandra Vance
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc

Uhm, first off let me make a recommendation, STOP ASKING PERMISSION. Never ask a question you do not already know the answer to or you may not like the answer. You would have been better off to have shown up, been refused and requested explainaition of why they were disctiminating against you.

Now on a second note, hold the event anyway.

Here is a clue, you ARE a security guard, you are guarding your own security.

I would fire her a note stating as much and thank her for the clarification.

Thank you Ms. Vance,

We are very glad to hear you respect the rights of security guards and we will be holding our event on xyz date at xyz location. It is nice to know that CB corp does respect the rights of citizens willing to guard their own security and it was a relief not to have placed CB corp on a boycott list.

If you have any other questions regarding our event, please forward at your earliest convience,

Thank you again,
XYZ DUDE

Then wait for the next email, keep yourself STUPID and get her to explain exactly why CB corp does not want you taking your own security measures, it ain't against the law to be dumb.

Big Boy

Agreed. Asking for permission is presenting someone with a problem that they have to come up with an answer to. The general public not knowing of or having seen OC exercised before will definitely use their holywood imagination to see something bad happening and then being held liable because they gave the permission. The answer will almost always be know.

They are our rights, we don't need permission to exercise them.

DWCook

Activist Member
I really do hate it when I hear from businesses that only security guards, uniform military, or police are allowed to open carry firearms. That just makes me want to go to Cracker Barrel, sit down and eat, then notify the manager that I am conceal carrying a firearm. The only thing I would say or tell the store manager at cracker barrel is that I will post information to respectful OC/CC owners to not eat at this cracker barrel nor associate with them. I do have a list going on with places that do not allow open carry and I will not being doing business with them in the future.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Cracker Barrel lost our business in the Richmond, Va. market over this decision.

We used to eat breakfast there at least once each month - no more.. It's their loss though as there are plenty of establishments that accept us w/o question - with open arms. :D

John3

Cracker Barrel in Sullivan lost my business and that of maybe 30+ of my Open Carry friends...! We were wanting to hold another Franklin county event in Sullivan. The plan was to go shoot at the range then to diner as a group. We will find a place friendly to us and this event will be scheduled...

peterarthur

I sent this through Cracker Barrel's web site contact page:

A friend of mine recently received this:

"Dear Mr. Sanderlin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with all of us here at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store. We're always pleased to hear from our guests.

Open Carry Policy
As we work to achieve our mission of Pleasing People, one of our top priorities is the safety and comfort of our guests, both external and internal. Because of this, and because it is our intent to provide our guests and employees with a relaxed, comfortable, family-oriented environment, we feel its important to review our open carry policy.

We look forward to seeing you in one of our locations again soon.

Sincerely,

Sandra Vance
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc"

I open carry a weapon everywhere I go and do business only with those who recognize and accept my natural right to self-defense. If this is the actual policy of your company, I will reserve my right to refuse to give you my business and encourage my fellow American CITIZENS to do the same. It's a shame. I really liked eating in your restaurants.

PLUS I added that I was discriminated against. Under the block with this description:
"* Please explain why you think what happened was because of your race, color, national origin, or religion."
I responded with this:
"National origin: I am an AMERICAN with a right to keep and bear arms."

Now, I wait.

Richieg150

National origin: I am an AMERICAN with a right to keep and bear arms."

I am an American Citizen, my right to keep and bear arms in defence of my person and propert SHALL NOT be infringed.