Thread: Open Carry Seminar and Information Table

Open Carry Seminar and Information Table

Michigan Open Carry will be setting up an information table on September 10 and 11 at Close Quarters Tactical in Shelby Township. We will also have seminars each day at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.

Saturday September 10, 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
    Sunday September 11, 10 am. - 6 p.m.

More information can be found at www.michiganopencarry.org or www.facebook.com/michiganopencarry

Bump. Still need volunteers.

Come help MOC and have a chance at winning some cool gear. Electronic ear pro, TruSpec clothing, and a Remington Shotgun. Saturday we need volunteers from 9-9 and Sunday 10-6.

Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    Bump. Still need volunteers.
    I can be there for the entire Sunday 10am-6pm shift.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

I can help on Saturday or Sunday.. I already let Jon know I was interested in helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul C View Post
    I can help on Saturday or Sunday
    Plan for Saturday. I've got Sunday covered. What times can you cover for Saturday? Thanks!
    Last edited by DanM; 09-08-2011 at 03:15 PM.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Plan for Saturday. I've got Sunday covered. What times can you cover for Saturday? Thanks!
    Earlier is better, there may be a chance that I can cover a decent span of time.

bump
    "Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books...Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: 'I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't. I can. And my children will."
    ,,, So Mote Be

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.-- JC

I OC'd today at CQT while helping out at the MOC table.

"Simunition" was running a free, full equipment scenario for folks to try out their training system. The system consists of specially modified rounds and barrels/slides that are used with real handguns. You load the rounds into a regular magazine, and the handgun operates just as it normally would, except your handgun fires small paint pellets instead of lethal rounds.

There was a small "home" mocked up at CQT, and the scenario was "intruder in the home" with each of us going through it as the homeowner, and a Simunition assistant trainer as the "intruder". Sometimes the intruder was actually an innocent person who made a mistake of going in the wrong house, sometimes he was a bad guy with a knife. You had to make contact with the intruder, and use--or not use--"lethal" force appropriately.

The Simunition system is OUTSTANDING!!! I was told Simunition-based training will be available soon at CQT, and I highly recommend anyone to try it. I had a blast and learned several very important lessons just from the one scenario we were put through.