• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Seminar and Information Table

sprinklerguy28

Come help MOC and have a chance at winning some cool gear. Electronic ear pro, TruSpec clothing, and a Remington Shotgun. Saturday we need volunteers from 9-9 and Sunday 10-6.

Paul C

I can help on Saturday or Sunday.. I already let Jon know I was interested in helping.

DanM

I OC'd today at CQT while helping out at the MOC table.

"Simunition" was running a free, full equipment scenario for folks to try out their training system. The system consists of specially modified rounds and barrels/slides that are used with real handguns. You load the rounds into a regular magazine, and the handgun operates just as it normally would, except your handgun fires small paint pellets instead of lethal rounds.

There was a small "home" mocked up at CQT, and the scenario was "intruder in the home" with each of us going through it as the homeowner, and a Simunition assistant trainer as the "intruder". Sometimes the intruder was actually an innocent person who made a mistake of going in the wrong house, sometimes he was a bad guy with a knife. You had to make contact with the intruder, and use--or not use--"lethal" force appropriately.

The Simunition system is OUTSTANDING!!! I was told Simunition-based training will be available soon at CQT, and I highly recommend anyone to try it. I had a blast and learned several very important lessons just from the one scenario we were put through.