• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone else get an e-mail from WAVE today?

tomm1963

or am I just lucky? Email from WAVE below.

Did you hear that Governor Walker and his extremist allies just rammed through legislation that puts Wisconsin families directly in danger? Their reckless new “guns in public” law allows people to carry loaded, hidden guns in our bars, restaurants and other public places.

As the Executive Director of the Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort -- our state’s only grassroots organization dedicated to preventing gun violence -- I can tell you we’ve gone on high alert.

Thankfully, the new law gives every business owner the right to keep loaded guns out -- if they choose to post a sign.

That’s why we’re waging an urgent, all-out effort to reclaim Wisconsin. And the first step is showing loud public support for businesses that make the commonsense choice to stay gun-free.

Please sign our pledge: “I will support businesses that support my family's safety.”

Because of the efforts of WAVE and supporters like you, we secured basic safety measures in an otherwise reckless bill, making sure criminal background checks and permits became part of the final “guns in public” law.

But now, the “guns anywhere” extremists are threatening to boycott any business that defies them by keeping guns out! That’s why WAVE is gathering signatures from concerned citizens like you, so we can show business owners the deep and widespread public support for gun-free businesses.

Add your voice and help keep guns out of Wisconsin’s public places.

Walker and his allies think that the people with the guns make the rules. Let’s send them a message that citizens like you and me won’t let them put Wisconsin families in danger.

Thanks for getting involved,

Jeri Bonavia
Executive Director
WAVE Educational Fund

P.S. Right now, WAVE is organizing people all across the state to keep loaded, hidden guns out of places where we all shop and eat. Please show your support by signing the pledge: “I will support businesses that support my family’s safety.”

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I don't know much about WAVE. Are they a large group with a decent amount of influence? Or are they a fringe group like the Brady Bunch? Just curious. Either way that email is classic fearmongering.

MKEgal

Brass Magnet said:
I'll support a pledge that says: “I will support businesses that support my family’s safety... by allowing law abiding citizens to carry firearms.”
+1

HandyHamlet said:
[W"AV"E is] a VERY well funded fringe group of completely insane fanatics.
+1 here, too.
They're funded by the Joyce Foundation, which is funded by the Brady Bunch.

They're not anti-violence, they're only anti-gun, and they do nothing to stop criminals from getting or using guns illegally. They're entirely focussed on things which only hinder people who follow laws.

They don't bother to research the truth about what they publish, and when the truth is pointed out to them they ignore it.

protias said:
I'm not boycotting anyone, they are boycotting their patrons.
+1
A store that's posted is telling me that my money isn't wanted there.

bluehighways

They don't bother to research the truth about what they publish, and when the truth is pointed out to them they ignore it.

Ms. Bonavia and her smattering of WAVE followers will NEVER let truth, reason, hard ascertainable fact or a pragmatic understanding of cause and effect relationships (with regard to violence trends in society) sway them from their agenda. Put more simply: They will always reject facts in favor of substituting their own version of 'reality'.

I believe this state of mind is called 'delusional' in modern psychology, but since I didn't take psychology I could be wrong.