• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to this forum and need some advice.

Army Pilot

Recently I had some charges pending against me and due to them, all my weapons were removed from my house. All the charges were dismissed and my permit was reinstated and in my possesion. I called the police station to retrieve my weapons and they said that even though all charges were dismissed, the judge ordered all my guns destroyed without telling myself or my lawyer. The property officer said I have less than a month to have them change it before they are brought to the state police for destruction. Can anyone provide me some insight with this?

Thank you

Tim

Rich B

BTW - with whatever you choose to do, it seems to me that what you need to do right away is get a TRO (Temporary Restraining Order) filed against the PD stating that they cannot destroy your firearms. It would seem to me that should get things started.

I really do recommend at least contacting Ed and Attorney Baird though. I imagine their advice will be something similar.

Edward Peruta

Contact made assistance and advice provided

Army Pilot has made contact.

Discussions have taken place and he will be making decisions on this issue.

CaseyD

Army Pilot, Good Luck

Army Pilot,

Good luck to you.

I feel your pain!

Some of the property taken from me was inherited from deceased family members, irreplaceable.

Keep us posted.

Casey

Good Citizen

Motion for return of property

Motion for return of property

It is as simple as writing a note on a piece of paper, and filing it at the clerk, then a hearing will be assigned, and they'll give U a date to go on record, in front of the judge. If the lawyer cost more than the gun, go get a new gun, unless it centimental! Most of the time your property will be returned but there are those rare instances! Any way good luck. I had 2 sit at the court house for 3 years before I decided to get them back. They were all rusty, scum bags don't store them properly, I had them ceracoted at liberty firearms coating in east Berlin, they look bran new! The Prosecution made me sit there all day:cuss:, drama queen, but couldn't say anything in the end!

I believe Police SOP in most districts is to destroy 30 days after being returned from the court house, after action, if not claimed, claiming is by way of the above court order, (Judge ordering return, usually by a very simple process). Hope this help's!