Thread: Open Carry Walk

Open Carry Walk

Hey all.

I am looking to get a group of people together to go for some Open Carry walks before the summer is over. Im not sure where just yet, was thinking Iowa City, Cedar Rapids areas. If you are interested, please let me know.

If you are intersted, PM me with your information.
    Last edited by Tucker6900; 08-15-2011 at 10:11 AM.

I am interested.

Quote Originally Posted by IA_farmboy View Post
    I am interested.
    Great! I am working on a time and place. Are you pretty flexible regarding a schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker6900 View Post
    Great! I am working on a time and place. Are you pretty flexible regarding a schedule?
    Yes. My schedule is pretty open.

I was hoping there would be more people. There is safety in numbers, you know. What were you thinking? An after work on a week day? A Saturday afternoon in a park? Unless we can get a handful of people to show up there does not seem to be much of a point. That brings the question to mind, what is the point? Do you want to just get some face to face time with people from OCDO or did you intend to get the press involved and make it more of a political rally? Will there be some one speaking to those that gather? How much actual walking will be involved? I can't be on my feet too long.

You don't need to answer all of my questions. Consider them a part of the brainstorming process. Unless we see more responses here in the affirmative then this not going to be much of a "walk" but just a couple dudes meeting on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by matt2636 View Post
    i would be down for something like this.
    PM Me with your information. I will contact you with details once they are set.

I dont know if I would start in Iowa city though
    Why not? What we will be doing is legal. And this walk is about exercising our 2nd amendment right.