Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: OC'd in westlake today

  1. #1
    Regular Member hammer6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,169

    OC'd in westlake today

    Yup- I carried at the hotel, five guys, giant eagle, and the movie theater. I'd say 20% of people notice. The other 80% only noticed my leg brace and crutches. I can't think of a better way to protect myself than with a gun openly carried on my hip! Glock 26. Oh- and my dad suggested I carry an extra mag due to the recent "flash mobs" around the country...

    I'm visiting from Florida until Sunday, and I plan to OC at some of the shops in crocker park tomorrow, and maybe walmart if I make it there.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

    it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cuyahoga County, Ohio
    Posts
    219
    Crocker Park has "No guns" signs posted at all the parking lot entrances.

  3. #3
    Regular Member hammer6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by RT48 View Post
    Crocker Park has "No guns" signs posted at all the parking lot entrances.
    That's funny, because I didn't see any, and I was looking...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

    it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cuyahoga County, Ohio
    Posts
    219
    Stark Enterprises, the owner of Crocker Park and many other shopping plazas, has all their properties posted around the state. The plaza nearest to where I live has the signs but they are quite faded since they have been up since the concealed carry law passed in 2004.

    Luckily, a law change made a few years ago makes posted parking lots a civil infraction instead of criminal trespass.

    I try to avoid patronizing businesses that are on Stark Enterprise properties. I've only been to Crocker Park once in the years it's been open because of those signs.

  5. #5
    Regular Member hammer6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by RT48 View Post
    Stark Enterprises, the owner of Crocker Park and many other shopping plazas, has all their properties posted around the state. The plaza nearest to where I live has the signs but they are quite faded since they have been up since the concealed carry law passed in 2004.

    Luckily, a law change made a few years ago makes posted parking lots a civil infraction instead of criminal trespass.

    I try to avoid patronizing businesses that are on Stark Enterprise properties. I've only been to Crocker Park once in the years it's been open because of those signs.
    I went today looking for those signs and couldn't find them....

    Can I carry at the beach park? Huntington beach exactly.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

    it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cuyahoga County, Ohio
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    I went today looking for those signs and couldn't find them....

    Can I carry at the beach park? Huntington beach exactly.
    Yes, parks are legal.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Deanimator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rocky River, OH, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    I went today looking for those signs and couldn't find them....
    IF:
    • The place is not a statutory CPZ, AND
    • The place is not posted

    It's legal to carry there.

    Of course, with Borders closing 1/2 my reason for ever going to Crocker Park is disappearing...
    Last edited by Deanimator; 08-15-2011 at 12:43 PM.

  8. #8
    Regular Member hammer6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    IF:
    • The place is not a statutory CPZ, AND
    • The place is not posted

    It's legal to carry there.

    Of course, with Borders closing 1/2 my reason for ever going to Crocker Park is disappearing...


    have you ever seen a sign there?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

    it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Deanimator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rocky River, OH, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    have you ever seen a sign there?
    Yes, on signs at the entrance to the parking lot. I haven't looked for them lately.

    I might go to Borders tomorrow. If I do, I'll check for signs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •