• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'd in westlake today

hammer6

Yup- I carried at the hotel, five guys, giant eagle, and the movie theater. I'd say 20% of people notice. The other 80% only noticed my leg brace and crutches. I can't think of a better way to protect myself than with a gun openly carried on my hip! Glock 26. Oh- and my dad suggested I carry an extra mag due to the recent "flash mobs" around the country...

I'm visiting from Florida until Sunday, and I plan to OC at some of the shops in crocker park tomorrow, and maybe walmart if I make it there.

RT48

Stark Enterprises, the owner of Crocker Park and many other shopping plazas, has all their properties posted around the state. The plaza nearest to where I live has the signs but they are quite faded since they have been up since the concealed carry law passed in 2004.

Luckily, a law change made a few years ago makes posted parking lots a civil infraction instead of criminal trespass.

I try to avoid patronizing businesses that are on Stark Enterprise properties. I've only been to Crocker Park once in the years it's been open because of those signs.

hammer6

Stark Enterprises, the owner of Crocker Park and many other shopping plazas, has all their properties posted around the state. The plaza nearest to where I live has the signs but they are quite faded since they have been up since the concealed carry law passed in 2004.

Luckily, a law change made a few years ago makes posted parking lots a civil infraction instead of criminal trespass.

I try to avoid patronizing businesses that are on Stark Enterprise properties. I've only been to Crocker Park once in the years it's been open because of those signs.

I went today looking for those signs and couldn't find them....

Can I carry at the beach park? Huntington beach exactly.

Deanimator

I went today looking for those signs and couldn't find them....
IF:
  • The place is not a statutory CPZ, AND
  • The place is not posted
It's legal to carry there.

Of course, with Borders closing 1/2 my reason for ever going to Crocker Park is disappearing...

Last edited:

hammer6

IF:
  • The place is not a statutory CPZ, AND
  • The place is not posted
It's legal to carry there.

Of course, with Borders closing 1/2 my reason for ever going to Crocker Park is disappearing...

have you ever seen a sign there?