• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FBI is at it again....

TechnoWeenie

Requesting owners of surplus stores to ID, record, and report, people who are buying ammo containers, MREs, high capacity magazines, bipods, NVG, etc etc..

Seriously?

I guess I'm a terrorist, as I've purchased all those.. :drug:

ColoradoFBISurplusStore.jpg

They've also issued similar notices to gun ranges and gun shops...

Warning them that they should also get ID, and report people who are suspicious..

Their idea of suspicious people?

any of the below...

'interested in learning how to use hidden weapons'...

'insist on paying with cash (...)'

'interested in learning offensive moves in confined spaces'

'individuals who are interested in learning group tactics'

'comments regarding anti-us theology'

and.. (chuckle)

'Expressing interest in ammunition which can penetrate law enforcement body armor'

FBInotice00_Page_1.jpg

FBInotice00_Page_2.jpg

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
They have to ask private business owners to get this information because the Constitution forbids them from doing it themselves. Oh wait, maybe that should tell us something?

SourKraut

dig that disclaimer-

" It is important to remember that just because someone's speech, actions, beliefs, appearance, or way of life is different; it does not mean that he or she is suspicious."

Who writes this B.S.? Is this for real?

TechnoWeenie

" It is important to remember that just because someone's speech, actions, beliefs, appearance, or way of life is different; it does not mean that he or she is suspicious."

Who writes this B.S.? Is this for real?

IOTW.. 'Don't call us because Habib came into your store'

So what if your way of life is training in case the government attempts to violate your civil rights, and you're ready to use force to repel it? Is that suspicious? It's a different way of life....

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I hate to ruin anybody's annoyance, but the date on that first poster is 2007. See the fine print at the bottom.

HandyHamlet

If you read or post in this thread you are suspicious.

- The FBI

I hate to ruin anybody's annoyance, but the date on that first poster is 2007. See the fine print at the bottom.

Is there an expiration date on making fun of governmental ineptitude?

Last edited:

TechnoWeenie

It was supported by a grant in 2007... not uncommon to have 'studies' take 3+ years to complete (and still get it wrong)

Beretta92FSLady

'interested in learning offensive moves in confined spaces'

'individuals who are interested in learning group tactics'

'Expressing interest in ammunition which can penetrate law enforcement body armor'

I have been downloading books from Amazon for fighting in confined spaces both hand-to-hand, as well as weapons. My family, and me have laid out plans of action in case we are ever attacked. And I do look for ammunition that is capable of effective penetration...it's not as if LEO's are the only individuals who wear body armor.

The FED's are merely asking for these things, not requiring them. Yes, there are always baby steps to requiring some thing, but we all know the risks, and we all know that we are already viewed as potential terrorists merely by the fact that we are firearm owners, bearers, and bare'rs of firearms.