Thread: OC'd in Somerset yesterday

OC'd in Somerset yesterday

I was traveling through with my gf and we stopped in Somerset to eat. Went to ruby Tuesday's, Starbucks, and the gas station. A few people saw, but no one batted an eye..it was a great 2 hours..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Glad to hear you had a pleasant stop, however brief.
    While many claim to support the right to keep and bear arms, precious few support the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Glad to hear you had a pleasant stop, however brief.
    Yes it was pleasant. But, where I'm from, I don't think legislators would call that brief...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Here in the Poconos it's not so unusual to see one or two Open Carry individuals, usually during hunting season. Late last year I saw an out of town guy coming out of the church in Pocono Pines carrying a pistol on his hip. I thought that was a bit much - in a church - but no one seems to really care.

tyc

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by tyc View Post
    Here in the Poconos it's not so unusual to see one or two Open Carry individuals, usually during hunting season.
    I think that holds true much of anywhere in Pennsylvania.
    Late last year I saw an out of town guy coming out of the church in Pocono Pines carrying a pistol on his hip. I thought that was a bit much - in a church - but no one seems to really care.
    Do an Internet search on "church shooting" and you might possibly want to reevaluate your "a bit much" opinion. Churches can indeed be dangerous places.

As for me, took my wife shopping in Indiana today (actually White Township). Lunch at Eat 'n' Park, gas at Sheetz, shopping at Giant Eagle. OCed the entire time. Either nobody noticed, or nobody cared.

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    ... Do an Internet search on "church shooting" and you might possibly want to reevaluate your "a bit much" opinion. Churches can indeed be dangerous places.
    I did as you suggested ... Oh Jesus! Maybe I've been living in the woods a bit too long!

tyc