Thread: Westland OC Picnic SATURDAY AUG.27 w/Splashpark & Play structures for the kids :)

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Cool Westland OC Picnic SATURDAY AUG.27 w/Splashpark & Play structures for the kids :)

Hi everyone! Please join me & my family for some fun in the sun Saturday AUG. 27 from noon to [?]at Tattan Park in Westland MI.

This Park is located at the corner of Ford Road & Carlson Road.
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps?address...eocode=ADDRESS

There is a bigger size play place there for the kids to play, and a splash park for them as well all, at no charge.

Links to park pictures
    http://www.cityofwestland.com/choose...y-ground-.html

We will be located near pavilion #2 (close to the H2o spray ground). We will have a table setup with a large shade canopy if the pavilion is not available.

This will be a pot luck picnic and I will provide the hotdogs, buns, mustard, ketchup & the grill . You may want to bring a folding chair & some sun screen.

If you would like to contribute please post what you can bring (chips, paper plates, napkins, cups, silverware, cookies, etc..) and I will update the items needed list below. Thanks and hope to see you there G9OS!
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 08-13-2011 at 11:40 AM. Reason: links
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Items needed:

Grill: G9OS

Coolers/Ice: G9OS

Hotdogs, Buns, Condiments: G9OS

Chips:_eastmeyers doritos + G9OS plain & cheddar chips

Pop: G9OS

Water:_eastmeyers

Plates/napkins:_________________

Hamburgers:____________________

Cheese:________________________

Cold salads:
    (potato, pasta, etc)______________

Cookies,
    cakes, sweets____________________

Water-Melon eastmeyers
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 08-26-2011 at 05:46 PM. Reason: update
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    Hi everyone! Please join me & my family for some fun in the sun Saturday AUG. 27 from noon to [?]at Tattan Park in Westland MI.

This Park is located at the corner of Ford Road & Carlson Road.
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps?address...eocode=ADDRESS

There is a bigger size play place there for the kids to play, and a splash park for them as well all, at no charge.

Links to park pictures
    http://www.cityofwestland.com/choose...y-ground-.html

We will be located near pavilion #2 (close to the H2o spray ground). We will have a table setup with a large shade canopy if the pavilion is not available.

This will be a pot luck picnic and I will provide the hotdogs, buns, mustard, ketchup & the grill . You may want to bring a folding chair & some sun screen.

If you would like to contribute please post what you can bring (chips, paper plates, napkins, cups, silverware, cookies, etc..) and I will the update the items needed list below. Thanks and hope to see you there G9OS!

just found out I have a wedding that day..........so i guess i will mess another picnic!!!
    When Guns are OUTLAWED, Ill be an OUTLAW
    American Tactical Imports C45 45 AP
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR

Im not a lawyer, but I did play a Klingon once at Universal Studios

Thumbs up Other options for you Onnie

Well sir, there's are OC picnics on Belle Isle & at Metro Beach park on Sunday Aug.28th.

Well sir, there's are OC picnics on Belle Isle & at Metro Beach park on Sunday Aug.28th.

yea i know, i am working that day!!! Im on midnights the 28th and 29th are my last nights for a while

oh well next time i guess
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm

Should be great weather. Hope to see many new faces & some old ones too

Should be great weather. Hope to see many new faces & some old ones too
    watch how you use the word "old" when mentioning someone face!

YOU ARE CRUISING, JEFF!
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm

attending

i"ll be there !

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
    I am going to try to make it, I'll know for sure tomorrow. If I can make it I will bring a few items.

Tentative / attending unless work calls me in.

Talking

Will do my best to be there -

I will do my best to make it, is there bathrooms or a changing room their for the kids?

I will be bringing my sister and my niece.

I will bring a case of water, a water melon, and a bag of Doritos.

Do we have a count?
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Thumbs up Glad to have you there Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by eastmeyers View Post
    I will do my best to make it, is there bathrooms or a changing room their for the kids?

I will be bringing my sister and my niece.

I will bring a case of water, a water melon, and a bag of Doritos.

Do we have a count?

Hi E.M.! Yes there are porto-potties near the play structure/water park. Also a short walk away is the community center with bathrooms.

Thanks for the: case of water, a water melon, and a bag of Doritos.

No official count... hope many show up...last april when it was could we had 30 of us show up, so I'm hoping for the best. I find that lots of folks don't like to commit, they just show up

Thumbs up Thanks to all who made it out :)

We had a nice time [17 attendees] and no issues with the police as it should be. Special thanks goes out to Dougwg who helped with both the setup and take down of the {HUGE} shade canopy. Thanks to EastMeyers also for the help & supplies

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Nice day in the park!

Thanks J